Original topic:

Kind of weird

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 02:50 PM)
sullymike5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just wanted some other people's takes on how brands like Samsung and others are starting to cheap out on providing what you need in the box to use your brand new 1000$ plus phone ( i.e. the charging brick ).  " it's to save the environment" as they found out a way to creep into your wallet again like they are smarter then you or something. Here's a way to really save a little bit of the environment, how about you update phones to there potentials instead of  " oh its been 3 years, time to buy a whole new device only because it runs on old software and security patches that they would rather not do anything with even though the claims of saving the environment are still echoing the corridors that are our egos" as you the walking wallet are paying for that same stuff anyways that we are saving the planet by not including in the box but still producing cuz they know we need it to utilize the features of the device we bought. I don't know how many years I've watched phones like the galaxy J series not ever get an update with software just to see that the only difference from the pervious years device is a software version upgrade, same hardware specs! So why Samsung did you not just update the current version of those phones instead of releasing a whole new phone just for the equivalent of an OTA update if you are so keen of the" saving the environment" thing that you feel it justifies double charging your customers on stuff that should be included in the first place,  you silver tongue liers! If it was you guys getting a bad deal like that you bet that you'd probably give the environment the bird and say whoa whoa, not worth it lol
3 Replies
SpaceKvothe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well, you are right in most of part of it, however having USB type C or wireless charger, you can share it between whole family for years or even maybe decades (if you a careful user).
So they want money - yes, it's their business.
You can help environment and your home (to not clog it with cables) - yes, you can do it by sharing cables and chargers between devices.
Another point that some people prefer chargers from Amazon, headphones from other brands, so it's just give us more freedom.
And business is business, they will always want to earn more.
0 Likes
sullymike5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They could make money and just say what they are doing, the way they are doing it is in a way that feels like they are trying to fool us or something. Definitely don't lie and make up reasons why they are making business decisions based on current events. I find it funny that every business that is trying to help ends up trying to play the " everyone, look at me donate " path, as if like they only donated or helped for the chance to get customers to like them more or something else insecure.
0 Likes
sullymike5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All I want is the truth, if they feel like they are hard up enough to have to sell us accessories after the purchase because they don't already make enough money selling us tech that has much more potential than just being something we through away for a slight upgrade on a yearly basis and want to sell us part of the purchase again, then just say so, maybe if they are afraid of saying it how it is then it should show them what's wrong about this that they would do this in the first place, just saying..
0 Likes