Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray

Latest Update has changed my Settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.

This morning's update has changed some of my settings. While I appreciate the neww features and ferequesnt updates, they should leave any settings I have customized alone. Now I need to spend time figuring out how to change the behaviors back to how I want them.

• The update changed my lock time-out to 3 seconds, when I had it set to 10 minutes.
  • The clock on the lock screen was changed to a different style. Oh, I see, the old styles are gone. Boo! This is subjective, but the new clock styles are far less elegant.
  • The 360 security "S" icon now shows on the lock screen. I don't want it there.
  • Android System is showing a notification that "ES File Explorer is displaying over other apps..." -- I don't care, but I can't clear this notification in any other way but to disable ES File Explorer's access to this feature. How can I have the feature on, but the notification off?

I like some of the new features (for example in Messaging and masks in camera), but I would love more info about the changes. Where can I see an update log or help on the new features?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray

Re: Latest Update has changed my Settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so I found the real reason for all these changes: this was the Android 8.0 Oreo update: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/09/att-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-now-receiving-android-8-0-oreo-update...

Sweet! I love getting the latest and greatest, I just wish I had known that it was doing so.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, who is your carrier?

Dennis P
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AT&T

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will need to speak with your carrier.

Dennis P
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Larry and Cat!

I found this info after your tips: https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1135854?make=Samsung&mode...

But it doesn't appear to have the info on this latest update yet.

Dennis P
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so I found the real reason for all these changes: this was the Android 8.0 Oreo update: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/09/att-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-now-receiving-android-8-0-oreo-update...

Sweet! I love getting the latest and greatest, I just wish I had known that it was doing so.

Highlighted
useroic7bFnKFj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S7 Edge

The update yesterday wiped out all of my custom ringtones for text messages. Where did they go and how do I get them back? They were important.

userhkaMZxqatV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to know this answer as well. However  I did call samsung yesterday and they told me if I wanted those features back that I needed to go to an authorized samsung  tech repair place and have them do a software reflash..I guess that goes back to the previous software  which I dnt mind...