Original topic:

Latest Update has changed my Settings

(Topic created on: 6/11/18 10:14 AM)
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.

This morning's update has changed some of my settings. While I appreciate the neww features and ferequesnt updates, they should leave any settings I have customized alone. Now I need to spend time figuring out how to change the behaviors back to how I want them.

• The update changed my lock time-out to 3 seconds, when I had it set to 10 minutes.
  • The clock on the lock screen was changed to a different style. Oh, I see, the old styles are gone. Boo! This is subjective, but the new clock styles are far less elegant.
  • The 360 security "S" icon now shows on the lock screen. I don't want it there.
  • Android System is showing a notification that "ES File Explorer is displaying over other apps..." -- I don't care, but I can't clear this notification in any other way but to disable ES File Explorer's access to this feature. How can I have the feature on, but the notification off?

I like some of the new features (for example in Messaging and masks in camera), but I would love more info about the changes. Where can I see an update log or help on the new features?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, so I found the real reason for all these changes: this was the Android 8.0 Oreo update: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/09/att-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-now-receiving-android-8-0-oreo-update...

Sweet! I love getting the latest and greatest, I just wish I had known that it was doing so.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, who is your carrier?

0 Likes
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

AT&T

0 Likes
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You will need to speak with your carrier.

0 Likes
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks Larry and Cat!

I found this info after your tips: https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1135854?make=Samsung&mode...

But it doesn't appear to have the info on this latest update yet.

0 Likes
Solution
Dennis P
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, so I found the real reason for all these changes: this was the Android 8.0 Oreo update: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/09/att-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-now-receiving-android-8-0-oreo-update...

Sweet! I love getting the latest and greatest, I just wish I had known that it was doing so.

View solution in context

0 Likes
useroic7bFnKFj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Galaxy S7 Edge

The update yesterday wiped out all of my custom ringtones for text messages. Where did they go and how do I get them back? They were important.

0 Likes
userhkaMZxqatV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I need to know this answer as well. However  I did call samsung yesterday and they told me if I wanted those features back that I needed to go to an authorized samsung  tech repair place and have them do a software reflash..I guess that goes back to the previous software  which I dnt mind...

0 Likes