JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost Contact Avatars/Pictures in Recent Calls List After Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 1/28/21 6:30 PM)
userml6IuzThsx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After getting the update to Android 11.0 last night, my recent calls list has stopped showing the profile pictures/avatars next to the contact name.  The pictures still appear in my contacts list and in my text messages but they are missing from the recent calls list.

I've tried signing out of and back into my Samsung account, restarting the phone, enabling and disabling profile sharing and anything else I could think of.  The avatars do appear if I click on a recent call to dial it, but not at the top level.

This is a very frustrating limitation if it's expected behavior.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
enieder
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just updated this morning and find the removal of the pictures/avatars in my recent calls screen very annoying. It was quicker before this update. Look for the picture and tap to dial. Now you must read from your recent list, tap, then tap the phone icon to call. Certainly not quicker or easier. 

MaeC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have anyone gotten a solution and can we go back to another version because I hate my phone now!
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usermv12lqlCiE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue. Please see attached for screenshots.Error Screenshot.jpg

userV5SLJBVQyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem - Samsung team - any clue ?

userg3Tmo4zBtD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm facing the same issue. I've changed the calls background after the update and thought it may be associated. Deleting of the added background and any other settings' change didn't help. I'd appreciate help.

userDgz0wOfaOf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone updated to 11 a few minutes ago, and although annoyed that a lot of things changed....I'm most annoyed about the missing avatar/images in recent calls. Please fix, Samsung. 

userk9STywQsGm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am alsoissing this feature. the recent calls screen looks bland and takes me longer to find who I am looking for. It was a better, easier screen with the photos/avatars. Please help.
user9GePoPqzJv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why is there no response to this. Never buying a samsung device again. this is crazy.  samsung