Original topic:

Lost Contact Avatars/Pictures in Recent Calls List After Android 11 (again)

(Topic created on: 3/12/21 12:11 PM)
userV5SLJBVQyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

After getting the update to Android 11.0, my recent calls list has stopped showing the profile pictures/avatars next to the contact name.  The pictures still appear in my contacts list and in my text messages but they are missing from the recent calls list.

This topic was closed by you in thread 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Lost-Contact-Avatars-Pictures-in-Recent-Calls-List-Af...

as solved but not solution was introduced !!!

Could you repair the problem please and do not close topics before problem solving...

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

submit an error report on samsung members app

0 Likes
userV5SLJBVQyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does it matter the way - problem is problem (?)

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

so you had to add the photos/avatars again after the Android 11 update? does it show in the safe mode? 

0 Likes
userV5SLJBVQyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Problem is precised described in topic

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Lost-Contact-Avatars-Pictures-in-Recent-Calls-List-Af...

Below image shows the problem.

userV5SLJBVQyy_0-1615589290726.jpeg

In safe mode it looks the same.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

ok so i thought you were talking about the saved contact photo/avatar being deleted after the update, but are you complaining about the ui/ux change in the recent call list?

0 Likes
userV5SLJBVQyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly...

0 Likes
userefeoZhQgiD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem

Please share solution as you received

user02zkwul3Ds
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem are we any nearer to getting this sorted out Samsung 

user6FZ3fH9RJW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Very disappointed from samsung this time. Why remove a completely basic functionally which improves the UX drastically. There is the type of people that remember thigs visually and we need this for ease of use!! At least leave an option to choose if we want to see a contact picture in the call log and the contact search menus.

Removing basic features does not make a design minimal! I can't express my frustration from this update. Just think before you do something for gods sake...

I hope this issue gets heard and resolved. Please give us back the those contact pictures (LOL). Its not that much...