cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersVeOCG4DGB
Constellation

Low Voice Volume - Galaxy S6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and am having problems with very low voice volume when receiving and making calls over the normal phone network (both cell and fixed line). Note that this is MY voice with the low volume, not the caller's voice volume. The other party can barely hear me.

When I switch to speaker during calls the problem goes away, the other party can hear me clearly. Also this problem does NOT occur when using VOIP like WhatsApp. I've played around with all the volume settings with no success. Any ideas? TIA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usersVeOCG4DGB
Constellation

Re: Low Voice Volume - Galaxy S6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv wrote:

Hello there, @usersVeOCG4DGB
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Thanks !! It fixed the problem.

I cleared the phone cache and also any applications cache as per the instructions. I then started the phone in safe mode and the problem was gone.

I then restarted the phone in normal mode and it's still fine, so I assume that it was not a rogue app but some problem with the cache. Hopefully it won't reoccur but I know what to do if it does. Thanks again.

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersVeOCG4DGB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv wrote:

Thanks !! It fixed the problem.

I cleared the phone cache and also any applications cache as per the instructions. I then started the phone in safe mode and the problem was gone.

I then restarted the phone in normal mode and it's still fine, so I assume that it was not a rogue app but some problem with the cache. Hopefully it won't reoccur but I know what to do if it does. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anytime! Glad I could help out.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useruLcmRPpoLW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same problem volume is so low I can hardly hear it.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @useruLcmRPpoLW

The OP mentioned that clearing the phone and app caches helped. Can you try those out too?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see how things are going.  Smiley Happy