Original topic:

MMS compression issues after UI 3.0 update

(Topic created: 07-27-2021 07:24 AM)
Mxracer6y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When is samsung going to address this issue, rather than scrub the forum of these topics every time a post pops up???

Sweeping issues under the carpet isn't going to make them go away. It's only going to make people even angrier. 

I am on an s21 ultra and only have this problem with YOUR phone. If I pop my Sim card in my oneplus 9 pro, viola, no problems.... when I pop my sim card in my razer phone2, once again no issues..... card goes back in my samsung and all of a sudden pictures sent through MMS are practically unviewable the quality is so bad..... gifs come through as static images, and videos come through as a static image with a separate sound clip...

I saw another thread pop up about this in the beginning of the week and was relieved to see i was not along, and to see a thread full of people suffering from the same issue made me hopeful that it would be addressed..... then this morning I login to check the thread only to find out it was "archived" and not visible to read anymore. Absolutely shameful. That is the 4th thread that I'm aware of that has been either scrubbed completely, or locked as "solved" when it's not.

Samsung, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM RATHER THAN IGNORE YOUR CUSTOMERS ????? 

9 Replies
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

which carrier do you have? have you contacted the carrier? 

0 Likes
Mxracer6y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have verizon, and I have not because it's specifically related to samsung.... as I mentioned my oneplus 9 pro functions normally, and so does my razer phone2. 

It's specifically related to samsung 

0 Likes
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe it's because Samsung ships with their own text message app that's different for most Android phones. This app doesn't support RCS, which means that messages have to get compressed to go through.

One way to work around this is use a different app like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp that can send your media through the internet without compressing it to a really small size.
0 Likes
Mxracer6y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So then why do videos, gifs, and pictures function normally when you use verizon branded messaging app??

2 other phones work normal with the same setup, s21 does not... all we are talking is popping the sim card into a different phone and sending vid/gif/pic.. works fine

Sim goes back into s21 ultra, and problems arise
0 Likes
chrislee13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

MESSENGER WORKS WELL for videos..BOYCOTT THE SAMSUNG MESSAGING APP...thats where the problem is

0 Likes
mspells_23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Having this issue as well with S21 device/Verizon. Wish we could get some answers
0 Likes
chrislee13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree wholeheartedly. I've been trying to resolve this issue with my Samsung S21 for a few days to no avail. My messaged videos have always been poor on my samsung phones, and was even considering changing ti an APPLE! 

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN AVOIDED EVERYWHERE. Can it be fixed in an update??

0 Likes
chrislee13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its not the carrier its the PHONE,!

0 Likes
Mxracer6y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good news for everyone having this problem.... I am part of the oneui 4.0 beta program and oneui 4.0 has solved this problem...

Funny how samsung denied there was a problem on their end, but yet fixes it with oneui 4.0
0 Likes