JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MMS compression with One UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 2/15/21 4:14 PM)
userCSCrxCor22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Since the beta, when sending MMS, all photos I have received have been overly compressed. Much more than normal MMS compression. I can't even read a screenshot. Has anyone found a solution for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

MMS Compression is a feature determined by your service provider. Based on the article below, Verizon recommends using the Messages+ app. You can also continue following up with your service provider for additional information regarding the messaging compression.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/09/text-videos-quality-android/ 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
52 Replies
Ramifications00
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same issue. Even after the release update yesterday. The mms messages are still extremely blurry / compressed. This is using the default Samsung messages on Verizon wireless.
0 Likes
userCSCrxCor22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
also on verizon, and I've heard a few people say that too with this issue. interestingly, when I switch to verizon messages, the issue doesn't happen. but the issue always happens using Android messages for me.
0 Likes
usernCFpxuKTao
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue also on Verizon. Images are at max coming through as 480x480 when a week ago before the One UI 3 update it would be a full HD image.  It is weirder yet that if I get a gif through Messages it won't run. It comes through at a .gif bit it's a static image.

BellaDood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Also on Verizon with the same issues. I have not tried Verizon messages, but it does happen on the native messaging app. I have an unlocked S10.
donut01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Before the OneUI/Android 11 update, I received images and gifs vis MMS just fine. However, after the OneUI/Androi 11 update, all incoming images are now highly compressed and pixelated. Images containing text and screenshots are now very hard to read. Picture sent via MMS are now coming in at around 30kB.

I've tried other messaging apps but none have worked to fix this problem. Additionally, other users are reportedly experiencing the same issue under the same circumstances, so this problem is widespread.

This is happening on an unlocked Galaxy S10 using Verizon Wireless. I'm posting here hoping I can find a solution.
KayMur
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same exact problem here. No problem with pictures or screenshot being received last week. Now, after updating to Android 11, every picture and screenshot I receive is very pixelated, regardless of their phone type or wireless provider.

Also using S10 on Verizon Wireless.
TheStorm31
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Me too! Tried everything including factory reset. Nothing seems to work. Galaxy s10 with Verizon. My gf has the same problem.
Rosieposie12345
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same problem and EXTREMELY frustrated. Also S10, Verizon. I've been been the lone holdout in my extended family for years because I prefer Android... I've even struggled with being ok about not being able to get clear iPhone videos from anyone. However, if there is no fix for this it's a deal breaker & I'll be forced to go iphone.
Ahrmanhammer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Experiencing this as well... is there a fix yet?
0 Likes