JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MMS compression with One UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 5:17 AM)
userCSCrxCor22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Since the beta, when sending MMS, all photos I have received have been overly compressed. Much more than normal MMS compression. I can't even read a screenshot. Has anyone found a solution for this?
52 Replies
TheRedSeat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same issue here. any ideas on how to fix yet? i hate when they force you to update your phone and this stuff happens. obnoxious.
TheRedSeat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I also noticed you can't delete messages on the Samsung text message app that you received prior to the android update. they won't move to trash. something is messed up with the photo issue and other text features after the update. s10 unlocked Verizon.
userunvSONnfur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Also having this issue. Galaxy S10 and Verizon. Have tried multiple texting apps, same issue.

candojim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same issue. really driving me nuts right now. tried the Verizon messaging + app and images are super compressed
TheRedSeat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's still broken. A week and counting. Samsung messages, google messages... Very compressed MMS. Android 11 broke our phones.

I cleared the app's data and cache. Didn't fix.

I did a hard factory reset of the phone. Didn't fix.

Called verizon. They say it wasn't on their end. Messaged with Samsung support on social media... They couldn't fix and said to mail in the phone to them.

Verizon Messages+ works mostly but is not a user friendly app at all (vibration is excessive and can't be changed when getting a text). Screen shots from iphone user will still be pixelated. photos and gifs work on that but is not a full solution. The new OS really messed to MMS on native apps and others. Everything was working fine before the update. Unlocked S10 on Verizon.

There were 30+ complaints on this thread too. Samsung archived it with no solution.  Horrible customer service.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/MMS-broken-after-update/td-p/1712479

GGM224
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They seem to be archiving similar threads to this. This compression issue has been very frustrating since the update. Also on an S10 on verizon.
usermCxMcuhMBa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Experiencing the same exact issues as everyone else in this thread. And as others have mentioned, there are a huge amount of users that have brought this issue to light in other threads only to have them archived with no solution.

Seems to be isolated to just Verizon customers from what I can tell, and possibly even just to unlocked S10s on the Verizon network. My workaround right now has been to use the Verizon Messages+ app, but as others have said, it's just not a good app.

Amazing to me that this seems to be being ignored by Samsung when the issue has caused even it's own native messaging app to become basically useless. No reason we should be forced to use Verizon bloatware just to have normally functioning messaging services.

user36PgWuZzMH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still no fix from Samsung on this, or word on what's going on. It's very frustrating and inconvenient considering I use my phone daily for work and can't receive images properly. 

userunvSONnfur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still nothing. At least an acknowledgement that this is an issue and that someone will be looking into it. The silence is really frustrating

user36PgWuZzMH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not only that, I submitted an error feedback report to Samsung through the Members app and got back some response about how making sure my phone's software is up-to-date is the best way to ensure functionality. Laughable and a little bit ironic. How long are we expected to wait before even getting acknowledgment that this is an issue?