JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MMS compression with One UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 5:48 AM)
userCSCrxCor22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Since the beta, when sending MMS, all photos I have received have been overly compressed. Much more than normal MMS compression. I can't even read a screenshot. Has anyone found a solution for this?
usermCxMcuhMBa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungJoJo 

Please address this issue. And please don't archive this thread with no resolution like other threads have been.

Members_yOaYHkQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here with s10 Verizon. Super frustrating! Been a Samsung and Verizon customer for about 10 years - thinking about jumping ship on both now...

usermCxMcuhMBa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungQue 

Tagging you in here as well since I see you're a Mod that's commented on recent posts on this community. Can this issue please be addressed? There are multiple threads about this same issue throughout the community and no one is addressing it. In fact, some threads have even been archived with no resolution.

Please help, this issue has caused all MMS messaging to become basically useless since the update was pushed.

Here's links to others:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/pic-mail-and-videos-messed-up/m-p/1736100#M83951

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/S10e-Samsung-Message-App-Trouble/m-p/1736102#M83952

Rosieposie12345
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Has there been ANY movement on this?? 2 weeks of missed memories with my grandkids because of this and I've just about had it with Samsung. If it's not fixed SOON, iPhone has a new customer.
useroegPjCDJ35
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My mom and I both have an S10 with this issue, and our problem is the same as yours--I want to be able to send her pictures of my kiddos that aren't garbage quality!!
useroegPjCDJ35
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Add me to the list. Unlocked S10 on Verizon. Images received in the Samsung message app are very pixelated and occasionally black and white. Videos come through as an image, plus audio file. Hoping for an update to fix this junk.
user4VS2tDicXZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Vzw rep just sent me here! Yep, add me to the list; Unlocked Galaxy S10 on Vzw with Android 11. Sent myself a test MMS. The sent file is 404KB, the received file is 26KB. Screenshots of text are illegible. 

userawZg44ffVu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's disgusting that a fix hasn't been put out for this issue yet.  Even more so that Samsung has failed to even acknowledge our problem and sends us to a forum.  S10 unlocked with the same issue here.  

userLZ4OlgT2Q2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Add one more to the list. My wife, Mother-in-Law and myself all have this issue. All using unlocked S10s with Verizon as a carrier. I have tried multiple SMS/MMS apps with no success. MMS compression is being applied to both incoming and outgoing MMS messages. Compression somewhere in the ballpark of 40kb and below each time. This has rendered the share image function completely useless. Prior to the update I was receiving MMS messages with 700 kb and above.

Samsung we need a fix!

Ramifications00
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As a pseudo workaround for texting others on Android. If you both use the Android messages app and enable "chat features" through settings, you will get the high quality rcs messages and it will solve this problem, but only for texts with those people who also have it enabled.
0 Likes