JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MMS mesages will not download

(Topic created on: 3/22/17 10:39 AM)
userYjLKDOZ4a3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After receiving the last update, my phone will no longer receive mms messages. The same goes with group messages. I receive a download button instead of a message and it will not download. I had no problems before the update. Galaxy S5.

0 Likes
Solution
Vivekvarma02
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the solution for you

First don't even bother about resetting app or clearing cache. This would make your lfe miseraable so follow.

As far as your messaging app is concerned it is working perfectly fine as it was unable to download mms from server.

These occur due to changes in APN settings. to go to APN settings Settings-->more-->Mobile networks-->Access point names.

I suggest you call AT&T customer care from another mobile as you need this one to edit the APN fields. Ask them for APN settings as you were unable to get mms but you can access data. 

OR, you can search how to set apn settings for ATT by google search and results will popup.

After you change all fileds in APN, don't forget to Save. This is the part where everyone makes mistake.

Now, restart the phone and check now wheather MMS downloads or try to send one to your friend.

If you find this working, be sure to "accept this as solution". as it will be useful for other people coming to community for solutions and would find it helpful.

Thank you

View solution in context

userYjLKDOZ4a3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Worked thanks so much. There wa already another phone profile setup with the right settings. I guess the update switched to the other one.

0 Likes
userrdCKcG56xq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an S7 that will not send or receive MMS or SMS all of the sudden. Cannot find APN in settings! On T-Mobile!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good evening @userrdCKcG56xq

Have you tried reaching out to your carrier? They can usually assist you in getting your phone back onto the correct APN settings.

0 Likes
userE76Oi3mkUG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This really really helped me! I was getting frustrated. Thanks!! 

0 Likes
userON5MncDfUJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey,

Did you ever get your problem resolved and how?? I am having the SAME exact problems and cannot find any solution. I've tried everything. 

Summer

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userON5MncDfUJ Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userW3SABaWeN9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

how did the problem get solved ?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userW3SABaWeN9

Are you also unable to download your mms messages? And what steps have you taken so far to try and resolve this.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userW3SABaWeN9

Hello again, thought I would see if you needed any further assistance.

0 Likes