Major battery drain on Samsung S7

Highlighted
Constellation

Ever since I did the update on Nov 1 I can sit and watch may battery decrease by the minute.  I can unplug my phone at 100% and before I am done eating my cereal it is down to 90%.  I have tried disabling Crome.  Letting my battery die in safe mode and recharging and also disabling fast charging.  Nothing has worked.  I haven't even had it 1 year.  

Any other ideas?

4 REPLIES
Astronaut

i used my phone for an hour workout it drained to 50% its less than a year old. Looking for help too rather then spend for another.

same here! What is the deal... my email is using 40% or more and I have it set to only fetch every hour.. won't let me optimize. even power save doesnt help. it's slow too and really laggy
Constellation

Re: Major battery drain on Samsung S7

userYn7tmxWWiD wrote:

Ever since I did the update on Nov 1 I can sit and watch may battery decrease by the minute.  I can unplug my phone at 100% and before I am done eating my cereal it is down to 90%.  I have tried disabling Crome.  Letting my battery die in safe mode and recharging and also disabling fast charging.  Nothing has worked.  I haven't even had it 1 year.  

Any other ideas?

Disabling the Chrome and still nothing🤔

Can not believe!

And whether he is warming up?

You phone is still under warranty, if he is so quickly draining the battery, or shuld we try it with those $2000😁

Samsung Moderator

Re: Major battery drain on Samsung S7

Hey Folks.

For those experiencing this drain, can you please attach a screenshot of your battery usage chart so I can look those over? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.