Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userTeOSg6we4Y
Constellation

Major update issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since the most recent update my phone has started randomly shutting off, freezing, or restarting any time I do anything more than basic calling/texting. If I dare try to play a game, I risk the phone screen freezing so badly my phone won't even power off when I hold down the power button. It's 10am, and my phone has already randomly restarted 6 times this morning alone. My battery was still above 90% when it started doing this, so it's not a low battery issue. When I run diagnostics, it says everything is fine, which is clearly not the case. How can I fix this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Major update issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's ridiculous! What phone do you have, and when was the update? It might also be a good idea to head to your carrier if the update was pushed directly from them. There's a chance though that an application is not playing well with one of your updates, so I would also check the Play Store or Galaxy Apps store to make sure everything on your device is up to date. I'd say put it in Safe Mode to rule out third party apps, but you said it happens when trying to play a game. Do these problems pop up when you use other standard functions besides calling and texting that isn't a third party app? Cause if so, then we can go to Safe Mode to test it out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's ridiculous! What phone do you have, and when was the update? It might also be a good idea to head to your carrier if the update was pushed directly from them. There's a chance though that an application is not playing well with one of your updates, so I would also check the Play Store or Galaxy Apps store to make sure everything on your device is up to date. I'd say put it in Safe Mode to rule out third party apps, but you said it happens when trying to play a game. Do these problems pop up when you use other standard functions besides calling and texting that isn't a third party app? Cause if so, then we can go to Safe Mode to test it out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userYPn0x16Yiy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not ridiculous and you did not provide a solution. I am having the same problem since accepting the update in March. I don't play games and my phone is freezing almost everytime I use it during the day. It didn't do this before the update.  I have an unlocked phone - who provided the update?