Manual Provider Selection

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Manual Provider Selection

My galaxy S8+ phone keeps changing providers during roaming. In every non-Samsung phone before I could select a particular Provider and he didn't changed it to a different one. 

Please dont tell me that I can search for the providers witihn the Settings and choose one. I did that but as soon he finds a "better" one he starts switching. 

Please bring back the real "Manual Provider Selection"!!! 

If my selected provider is not available anymore (after crossing borders) then my phone should not connect to a different one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by topic author userB1wZTMGjV1
‎03-26-2018 12:12 AM

Re: Manual Provider Selection

@userB1wZTMGjV1

Thanks so much for confirming that, I would be more than happy to further assist you. Let's go ahead and reset your network settings. This may help clear up any bugs you may be experiencing at this time. You can find this by going to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

10 REPLIES
Super Contributor (Elite)

call ur carrier and have them turn off the roaming feature from ur plan

Asteroid

That's no solution. I want to use roaming but only with the particular carrier that I choose.

Is it really that difficult for Samsung to let me choose a carrier?? Isn't that one of the most important features of a phone? 

Super Contributor (Elite)

first of all, this is forum for u.s. customers with u.s. models.

also, there's not enough demands like urs to even begin with. samsung shouldn't put a feature in to satisfy one customer. that can potentially have a side effect for other customers. go out there and get the phone that does that instead.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

1. The request is not about a special model or a special country, its a worldwide topic!

2. The demand is not to statisfy one single customer, its one of the most important features of every phone to be able to select a carrier and KEEP that carrier not matter what happens. It makes absolutely no sense to switch between multiple carries every few minutes. Please tell me the big benefit of that? More battery usage? More data usage? Wow... I am really impressed by your arguments.

3. If Samsung is not interested into the opinion of ALL its customers then it was my first and last Samsung device. 

Cosmic Ray

@userB1wZTMGjV1

Hey there, you should be able to call your provider and have them select the static carrier for you when roaming.

Cosmic Ray

@userB1wZTMGjV1

Hey there, were you able to get into contact with your carrier? The community is always here to help so don't hesitate to reach out Smiley Happy

Asteroid

No, the topic is still open. My main carrier told me they can not prioritize a carrier when roaming. I am in contact with the Samsung Support. They told my I should be able to choose a carrier manually and it should not change. 

Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by topic author userB1wZTMGjV1
‎03-26-2018 12:12 AM

@userB1wZTMGjV1

Thanks so much for confirming that, I would be more than happy to further assist you. Let's go ahead and reset your network settings. This may help clear up any bugs you may be experiencing at this time. You can find this by going to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Asteroid

@SamsungIssac Thank you so much for your reply! I have already tried reseting the network settings a few month back when using Android 7. I have never tried it again after updating to Android 8. After resetting the network settings again (now in Android 8) the switching seems to be gone! So my guess is that it must have been a bug in the Android 7 release. Thanks again! You were the first person from Samsung who gave me the advice to reset the settings. Some supporters even tried to tell me, that this behaviour (switching) was "as designed".