cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Maximum Battery Saver mode erased my home screens

I put my phone into maximum battery saver mode and then when I turned it off it erased all the apps and widgets I had on my home screens. The wallpaper was there but every app, group, and widget I had was removed from the screen. Now I have to go back and set it up again. This happens every time I use maximum battery saving mode. 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Maximum Battery Saver mode erased my home screens

Push services like Widgets which supply constant updates on your Homescreens Run as Background Processes (always pushing notifications and data to your phone) which drains battery life. Turning on Battery Saving Mode Ends these background processes allowing your phone to save battery life. You can only have one or the other. More Widgets and Push Services = Less Battery Life. Hope that Helps
Highlighted
Astronaut

but what about all the normal apps? why was my homescreen completely cleared?
Highlighted
Nebula

in theory maybe the battery saver mode detected them as push services if you have notification counts set to them i.e. when you get a message and it gives you a little 1 or 2 count on the app icon. that's just a theory. you can do a side to side comparison of your background processes and also change which ones are ended and which ones should be looked over in your settings
Highlighted
Nebula

head into your Device Health section in settings and under BATTERY make adjustments to which apps you would like to remain constant as opposed to which you are fine with putting to sleep. I'd say a little configuring and you should be good to go

clipboard_image_1605980197128.jpg

clipboard_image_1605980329803.jpg

clipboard_image_1605980329120.jpg