Original topic:

Media controls show on lockscreen despite me going through every setting in my phone.

(Topic created on: 2/26/21 4:41 AM)
useroxoGn7fB8O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

after the latest One UI update my media controls appear on my lockscreen when playing. I do not want anything on my lockscreen except the time of day. There are no controls on Samsung's end in my setting and apps don't have an option for this either. Honestly this one thing makes me hate the whole update and if this is the case I would never buy Samsung again. Please respond so this gains traction and Samsung knows they fuc-ked up. I won't be replying because my request is simple and to the point and I know nobody has a fix for this.

3 Replies
TechGuy_Zer0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The settings in there don't worry buddy. I hate it as well and don't want it.

Settings

Lockscreen

Widgets

Disable.

PLEASE NOTE: Some stock and 3rd party music apps have a setting for this in its settings as well - ex - Poweramp. In its settings you can enable or disable lock screen controls.

I dont have the issue anymore. Sometimes it's not Samsung, its the apps. 

If you are using a 3rd party launcher - ex - Nova Launcher, make sure you check within its settings as well.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Samsung_GbbE0of
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Neither youtube music or youtube have their own settings, and media controls still display even with all widgets disabled. The music widget setting seems to have no effect, and there's no difference whether it's turned on or not. Music still displays on the lock screen either way.

useroxoGn7fB8O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

3rd party apps don't have media widget settings built it these days. I can confirm YouTube Music, YouTube, Spotify and Amazon Music all do this. Nova launcher also doesn't seem to be the problem here. I am confident that with 1 update Samsung could give us a way to disable the widget. The setting already there it just doesn't work.