Original topic:

Messages app will call the person without me pressing anything

(Topic created: 04-18-2021 06:36 AM)
usergHhqKv83wJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi!

When I am using the system Messages app and in a conversation with someone, I seem to sometimes activate some kind of shortcut in which it begins to call the person? I've noticed it tends to be when I move the phone in a certain way, but I can't replicate it when I move the phone. My phone touch screen is working fine, and I am definitely not pressing the call button in the top right corner.

Please help?

5 Replies
useraF55BKe41D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You could be sliding your finger across the contact. Which on my S8+ swipe right calls and swipe left deletes the conversation.
0 Likes
usergHhqKv83wJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately this isnt it, it only happens when I'm in a conversation with a person. Thanks for trying tho!

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usergHhqKv83wJ

Hey,

There's another option that you might consider. Direct call is designed to automatically call a contact when you're in a messages app conversation. It's designed to use the motion of bringing your phone up to your ear. It's possible it might be misinterpreting a motion when you're in a text message conversation.

On my S9 it's located in settings, advanced features, motions and gestures. It might be worth a look. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

usergHhqKv83wJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes thats it, thanks so much 🙂

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usergHhqKv83wJ

Hey,

You're very welcome. Thanks for the reply I'm glad to hear it's helped resolve this issue.

Take care,

CLF 

0 Likes