Original topic:

Messages changed after samsung update

(Topic created on: 3/8/21 1:14 PM)
userDrMliEHOsM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung did an update and changed my messages feature. This feature was so convenient to just tap on the word messages and it would lead me to the unread texts page. Now I have to scroll through my text which is frustrating and I'm unable to delete many text messages due to working from home. Does anyone know how to get this feature back? Below I provided the picture of what I am talking about. Hope someone can help, thank you.🙏🏼

0 Likes
7 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You don't have any unread messages. Once you get a message in, it should be back.

0 Likes
userDrMliEHOsM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The point of my problem is I no longer have the above example. That is what is missing on my cell phone after the Samsung update. lol
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So now when you get a new message, it doesn't say 1 unread message and you can click on it? Have you tried to clear the cache and app data?

0 Likes
userDrMliEHOsM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Right, the whole word exactly where the example shows it should be it is not there anymore. The part below the word "Messages" I need that feature. Since the update I have to scroll through my text to find unread messages.
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry I had to switch back to Samsung Messages, because I usually use Google Messages. Ok so I just tested it and send myself a text from my work phone. You're right the part "under" the Messages is gone, however once I received the text, the whole part said 1 unread message, click to view unread message.

0 Likes
userDrMliEHOsM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank God you saw that I tried the chat and explained the same exact thing and the two different people had me clear my cache which didn't work. Okay so what part said an unread message, where?
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20210308-143122_Messages.jpg

0 Likes