Original topic:

Messaging

(Topic created on: 12/19/20 8:51 AM)
Members_rhIC7BV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was exploring the text message settings on my Galaxy S10e and inadvertently created a category called Cherry West.  Now I get no audible or visual notifications from anyone in my contacts other than her.  I seem to remember a screen where I had the option to include all or some in the notifications.  My new message notifications are set to audible and show as pop-up.  Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. ftg2gas

0 Likes
6 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
doesn't she do videos?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
if your messages are backed up, or back them up, go to apps in your phone settings, find messages, select that and find storage, clear cache and all data, and uninstall all updates if it has any. click the settings icon wheel from apps info page and see the settings available from you carrier for that up and notifications that differ if available. all else fails... that should have backed to factory settings for that up, then restore the back up to see whats changed between the two so you can fix it if the back up restores app settings automatically upon updates.
0 Likes
Members_rhIC7BV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

First part did not work.  Did not try factoryreset yet,

@SelfProclaimedBest wrote:
if your messages are backed up, or back them up, go to apps in your phone settings, find messages, select that and find storage, clear cache and all data, and uninstall all updates if it has any. click the settings icon wheel from apps info page and see the settings available from you carrier for that up and notifications that differ if available. all else fails... that should have backed to factory settings for that up, then restore the back up to see whats changed between the two so you can fix it if the back up restores app settings automatically upon updates.

@SelfProclaimedBest wrote:

0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Install Google Messages and see how that goes ... then
Settings > Apps > Samsung Messages > Force Stop... then Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data... then restart Samsung Messages
0 Likes
Members_rhIC7BV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did not work, but now using google messages asawork around.

0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yea, personally, I use G. Messages, Chat, Hangouts, and Voice (for various different reasons).

Good to see you got a workaround
0 Likes