cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Co
Asteroid

Micro sd card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a 128gb micro sd card for my s7 edge. When I put it in my phone it read only 119gb. Where is the other 9gbs?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dblrnbw
Cosmic Ray

Re: Micro sd card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With any form of storage, a portion of the marketed storage is always used for the "system" even in portable and removable storage. Including micro SD cards. I know, it's somewhat disappointing. But hey! At least they gave us the option up to 200GB!

8 REPLIES 8
Dblrnbw
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With any form of storage, a portion of the marketed storage is always used for the "system" even in portable and removable storage. Including micro SD cards. I know, it's somewhat disappointing. But hey! At least they gave us the option up to 200GB!

Amanda_Roberson
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do I need a specific brand Micro SD for my Galaxy S7 Edge? Every single one I've put in it so far only works a few hours/days before it says no SD inserted? 

Bmoreboy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, you can use any brand name micro memory card. The problem is in your phone.

You have one year manufacturer warrantees, they should replace it for free right away. 

userxkwPjlqsdP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Beware!!! i put a sandisk 128gb, dont work!!! fake publicity in Samsung!!! and now? nobody say nothing!!! s7 dont support sd card!!!

KSBV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 128 GB SanDisk card in my S7 and it works great. No issues at all. 

userJCoBvgLQGs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not able to transfer pictures from my phone to my micro sd card. Please help. Thank you 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJCoBvgLQGs

What model phone do you have? Also, what brand of SD card are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to reach back out and see if you were able to get this fixed up! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.