Original topic:

Missing photos

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 09:06 AM)
nylany
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is anyone else having issues with photos disappearing from their Samsung gallery? Ever since I was prompted to switch to the Windows Cloud on/@ October 1, I can only briefly see thumbnails of photos I've taken with my camera & then within a few days, even those just disappear.  **bleep** is going on?
9 Replies
mtgirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm also losing pictures. One was .y momma and 1 was of my brother. Booth have passed away. So I'm p.o..😡
0 Likes
nylany
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I know that horrible gut punch feeling of losing those pix. I just went to my 50th class reunion & took like 20 pix of lovely old friends that I will likely never, ever see again. My twin sis is in a wheelchair & couldn't go; so she was counting on me for photos to capture the brief moments we all have left. It is heartbreaking to have this happen.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am very sorry to hear of your pictures disappearing from Gallery. Just to clarify, have you checked to see if they are automatically backed up to something like Google Drive or One Drive? Also make sure to look around any other photo apps, like Google Photos for them. 

You can also try clearing the cache and data on the Camera and Gallery apps with these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/
Finally, see if a third-party application may be the cause. The guide for Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
mtgirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's sad. I lost pictures from my 40th class reunion but that was my error.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

do you use SD card??

share the device model number and the software version please.

I suggest you submit error report to Samsung Members after you notice the issue again, and in the mean time... frequently save the pictures to either OneDrive or Google Drive.

0 Likes
nylany
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, I think the issue is the SD card but I can't figure out how to change the settings on it. Here is the msg I got from the Samsung system about the error.
Screenshot_20211012-112534_One UI Home_3604.jpg
0 Likes
nylany
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My phone is a Galaxy S10En model # G970U1
0 Likes
nylany
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No "n" , just S10e
0 Likes
yyeager
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I has a friend that fakebook went onto his photos (private photos that others not able to access & see but were accessible under fakebook photos area to him only) and he had a lot of pictures in there & Fakebook just went in and deleted his pictures that he had had for years. They just deleted them & admitted it. So if those photos are accessible via fakebook, I'd be asking them if they deleted them???
0 Likes