cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Selling s10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had this problem read Jotggle post cleaned the charging port with a needle and fixed it within ten seconds. Most Samsung errors are easy fixes. Thanks JoTggle just saved me 100 bucks on insurance replacement

Constellation

Re: Selling s10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same issue.. change the charging port

Astronaut

Moisture detected in the charging Port since 1 month

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi I have Samsung galaxy S10 since last year.

but from last month since it started cloudy, it show a message  """ Moisture detected in you charging port"""   and it didnot let me charge at all. 

i bought wireless charges and now it works, i cant charge while driving or doing some delivery jobs.

Can you someone please help with issue?

i reset phone to factory setting still it has the same message all the time, it goes for some time and come back.

my phone has been never in water.

thank you 

Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in the charging Port since 1 month

JUMP TO SOLUTION
should have stuck with my i phone
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had same problem quite a while back with S8+... Samsung/Verizon replaced phone under warranty. - Have you already tried factory reset?
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm not to sure but try taking it to UBREAKIFIX they have original parts from samung and can diagnose for free then if they find issues they can help with servicing it. I haven't used them before but I heard they are good at what they do.
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Even if it has never been in water, if it is in a room that has a ton of moisture, it can trigger this safety check. Ex; If I bring my device into a wet sauna, it can trigger the moisture detection, even if the device is not physically in any water.

This is just an FYI, and hopefully it can help you understand that your device's environment can trigger it.

Try placing your device in a bag of uncooked rice.
Try using a Q-Tip to clean the port, carefully.
Do NOT use compressed air to try and "dry" the moisture. The pressure of the compressed air can actually force moisture/liquids through the seals.
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
happened after the latest update
Constellation

Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has had no contact with anything wet. Had it on the wireless charger 3 days ago and woke up with that warning. Still will not let my charge my phone unless on the wireless charger. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userET0UM2KMXZ

So your phone wasn't near any rain or steam or... well condensation isn't as likely in the spring and summer.  Hmm, have you tried putting the device in a baggy with some rice? I hear that does tend to absorb any random moister that may have gotten into the phone. Kinda like little rice grains in a salt shaker!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.