JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userB7JZnohnkB wrote:

Thank u .. seems to work now!

i gave a star for your prizeSmiley Embarassed

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh Please Help me ive done everything but my phone wont charge , wiped it , put it in rice bag, vaacumed it , rubbing alcohol , ive tried everything and the message is not going it is very humid in my place and please help me what to do !

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried turning phone off completely, then back on?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The humidity may not be helping at all with keeping the moisture detected, regardless of letting it take a nice rice bath. If the moisture itself is super deep inside of the device, having the humidity is not going to allow it to dry on those insides.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I was traveling to very humidity city last week and suddenly receieved Moisture detected in charging port i return now but again received this message
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would humidity now be a factor in phones? All my previous Samsung's charged and I have not moved.  I would note, that people's phone will charge wirelessly still.  I was told by a rep with Verizon to plug the phone in and while plugged in, restart the phone.  This worked a couple times but now it quickly shows error.  The rubbing alcohol is new, I will try it.  Should I be going just into the port, or also around the tab inside the port.  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So what can I do then?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Factory reset fixed it. Unless you wet the device or cord. The "clean with alcohol" answer is bull**bleep**. Its a software error. Go ahead, try it.. Factory Reset.... I told you!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe it depends what got in it. The alcohol worked for me, I got coffee in it 2 days ago, tried everything to dry it (hair dryer, rice etc.) Just took an alcohol pad out of my first aid kit after reading this, I actually didn't think it would work but figured it's with a shot. 2 minutes after the alcohol, it started charging with no error.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Switch to Maximum Power saving mode while 'Moisture Detected' notification is on.

Power down in Maximum Power Saving mode.

Plug in charger and turn phone on.

Phone should boot in MPS mode where sensors and biometrics are disabled.

The phone will charge normally.

While still plugged in, switch from MPS mode to Medium Power saving or no power saving mode whichever you use.

Voila!!!

P.S The Moisture Detected notificxation may come back again but at least this gives you the chance to power up your phone to 100% everytime.