cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem for 2 weeks. Finally just said oh well if the phone blows up it blows up (thankfully the phone did not). 

But here's what I did to make the glitch disappear. 

Step 1: plug in the charger.

Step 2: restart phone (do not unplug charger.) Make sure to select "restart" power off and powering back on doesn't work.

Step 3: let your phone start back up. 

Thank god it's fixed because wirelessly charging takes forever!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting this is marked as solved... My Note 10 plus has this same issue. No moisture, but phone shows the error. I have read through this and tried fixes. Issue still occurs.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 8 my husband has the 9 and we had to buy a charging port because of this problem. When it first happened I took my phone in to tmobile,  they did a hard reset, it helped for about 3 days then nothing. I ask for my "extended warranty/insurance", which I pay an arm and a leg for, and cuz i had the smallest little nic in my screen they said i had to use the insurance which I had to pay $150. That is NOT cool. The nic had nothing to do with this problem they even checked my phone for water damage. This seems to be a high problem with these phones. If this many people are having problems why is nothing being done. I have had a Samsung Galaxy from the beginning and until my 8 I have never had a problem. For $750+ I should not have to deal with it or have to pay to replace. It seems to be a phone problem not a crack screen or whatever. If you get the port and use that for a couple days it should go away. NO PROMISES. Also try holding both volume buttons and the power button until it turns off the on again.

And I do not think a humid environment is the problem cuz I was living in NV and still had this problem. And besides the 3 or 4 dry states the rest are humid so you are telling me they made phones that are only good in 3 - 4 states????🤯

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I posted several months ago on having this issue on my Note9. I had it (the problem/error) for months and just used wireless charging to get by. I consulted with an official Samsung repair center and they wanted to charge me to tear apart my phone and replace the charging port where the moisture sensor is located because it has failed. I couldn't get them to give me a straight answer on whether the repair would void me trading in my phone down the road since I'm in the jump program. So I opted not to do it. Thank God I didn't pay them. Some time in June (13th or 14th) I got an update, security and bug fixes, and my phone then magically started charging one again and the error messages had disappeared. I did everything that you can find online to fix the problem prior to this and had given up weeks before this update. I feel bad that some people actually paid to have the port replaced when it ended up being a software issue. Even T- mobile wanted me to turn in my phone to get a new one after we hard reset it and it didn't help. Im so glad I have good gut instincts. No need to get a new phone, tear it apart to replace parts or even the dreaded factory reset because it magically fixes itself after an update. Go figure....Good luck folks!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Performing a soft reset is what allowed us to charge our phone without the warning (phone was already powered down / no charge). Press and hold the Power and Volume down key until the phone restarts and then plug in. Worked on a Samsung A10e.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is the Galaxy s8 and I've had this problem for 2 months I can only charge it on a wireless charger or when its shut off but plugged in I bought my phone from boost 2 weeks after making my last payment this happened I put it in rice shook it put it front of a dehumidifier nothing works I need help 

@Alicia302 wrote:

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

@Alicia302 wrote:

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yall are good humans