cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: S20+ Moisture Detected / Not Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION
From 10/13 but app wouldn't let me post, and then forgot:

!New Related Issue!:  (note: I've still not attained proper charging in ~3 days.)

Now I have a new permanent notification: "Android System - Device not supported - The connected USB device isn't supported".

Plot twist: There is *no* USB even connected. That error notification came at some point while cable charging via my laptop but not sure when. Since then, the notification stays permanently even when nothing is connected to USB, even after a reboot, a reboot to safe mode, clearing the USB Settings process's cache and data, more reboots, force stopping the Android System process, more reboots. It's just always there in the panel. USBC to USBC nor USBA to USBC cables will charge it.

I think this device is seriously another lemon. Infuriating. Both phones were purchased new at the wireless kiosk in a big box wholesaler club, not some sketchy second hand situation or something.

10/16 Update:

Current situation is No USB-C to USB-C cable is even recognized by the phone at all. I've tried Samsung cables and 3rd party. A USB-A to USB-C cable via laptop will slow charge and the same type of cable with a standard USB charger will slow charge. This is a slight improvement I guess compared to no charging at all like a few days ago. So its specifically related the the fast and superfast charge capabilities of the phone not talking to the IC chip in the necessary charge cables.
Astronaut

Moisture detected in charging point

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a continuous problem with moisture detection on my phone. The phone is dry and hasn't been exposed to any liquid. For the last 5 days I haven't been able to charge it. Every time I plug the charger in the same warning appears and the phone won't charge. I am having to rely on wireless charging which is not ideal. Could this be a software fault? And how is it fixed.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected in charging point

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging point

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had exactly the same problem, despite no moisture having ever been near it and a perfectly clean USB port and charger. I got the moisture in USB error on my S20 when it was only 6 months old.   I tried starting in safe mode in case it was a software problem but no good.  The water drop icon would appear immediately on starting the phone and you get the annoying ringing sound and moisture error if you try to plug in a usb charger.  Wireless charging worked perfectly, however, so I thought the battery must be okay.  Today I discovered that if I turned off the phone and then plugged in the usb charger, low and behold the phone starting charging, no errors but it was still turned off.  I then thought what if you switch it on whilst it is still charging (i.e. with the charger still connected).  The phone started normally, the error has gone and the phone is still charging!  Whats going on here Samsung why the spurious error? The connection from USB to battery is clearly working otherwise my phone would not be charging (so it is not mechanical)?

I had similar problems with my previous s8 phone too so this is starting to look like a quality control issue or lack of testing. I have always bought Samsung phones as I am not a fan of Apple but this has shaken my confidence somewhat.

Astronaut

Samsung s20 ultra 5g moisture detected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I've recently purchases a brand new Samsung s20 ultra 5G and now it's has an error that moisture has been detected and to try it out. I've done everything I've found recommended and the phone won't charge or the headphones will not work anymore. 

How can this be resolved? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung s20 ultra 5g moisture detected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I and many others had this too on the S8, no matter what I did, hair dryer, natural ambient temp etc, nothing would make it go away, it started off with the warning intermittently until it just constantly showed it upon start up, the only way I could charge it was with the cable plugged in and then turn on, or wirelessly. Was definitely an inherent fault with the handset instead and got a warranty claim.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

having the same issue its been 5 days , wireless charging is working but taking forever.   I have tried cleaning the port , putting in rice.   This is beyond ridiculous.  I've been a sumsung customer for years and I think this will be my last. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience the message if you test your device in safe mode? 

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moisture detected is showing up even in safe mode. What now? This phone is only a few months old and experiencing charging issues.