cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Check charger USB port moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue . except a cheap charger caused my port to spark and after replacing the port the message still appears

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Clearing the cache partition did not work either!
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved the problem - buy another brand! Our company has many Samsung phones (S8, 9, 10), many of them give the moisture error message, sometime it will not go away. We are careful with the phones, ports are carefully cleaned by IT department, dried and checked with magnifier, we buy new Samsung brand USB cables and chargers, but still the issues remain. After much time wasted to find solutions (YouTube and forums are full of this issue, obviously it happens a lot) the phone may charge via USB again. With my own phone, immediately after a software update the problem is back. I like the phone, it is a pity we will need to get another brand, this is the last time we will try to fix it. Samsung is damaging their reputation, this issue has been happening for a long time to many users.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try the procedure in my comment linked below.  It always solves it for me.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Moisture-detected-in-charging-port/m-p/1651922#M...

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was sceptical of this myself, though it worked for me on S20 ultra (oneUi 3) can't verify for other devices . Turn off the phone and plug it in to a generic slow charge brick. The phone should then display it at 0% but quickly shoot up to whatever percent your actually on. Then turn the phone on and low and behold it worked. https://youtu.be/SH7jIyyU9pQ tip from this YouTube video (step 3)

Edit: as soon as you've done this you can plug your fast charger back in 

Astronaut

Moisture dedected on usb c port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought note 10+ last year in September. 1 week ago started warning "moisture dedected on usb c port or charger" . I didnt drop my phone to water or never exposed with water. I called many times samsung n verizon. Samsung says warranty is over 2 months ago n gave technician number in Boston. Technician told me  they have met with this kind of cases in the past and it is unknown issue which is related to mother board. Woow! After 1 year and 2 months this problem.  My wife is using same iphone 5 years never had problem. I paid big money for this problematic phone.  In next week i will apply to Attorney General to open case against Samsung to demand full refund n compensation for my loss because i cannot work 1 week on delivery platforms. I will never buy samsung again and i will switch to iphone as soon as possible.

Nebula

Re: Moisture dedected on usb c port

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There are times when there is high humidity, this can happen
Constellation

Moisture detected error only when trying to charge dead battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My S9+ charges fine with no problems as long as I put it on charge before it runs out of battery.

If the phone gets to 0% and turns itself off it becomes a nightmare.  I get a moisture detected error no matter what I do when trying to charge it again. 

This can't possibly be an actual moisture problem because

a. the phone is not wet

b. it literally happens every single time the phone runs out of battery and I try to charge it

c. It never happens if I put the phone on charge before the battery runs out

Is there a fix for this bug?! It's driving me crazy!