cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! On my S8+ every night, about  10-11 P.M., it warns me that I have moisture in the charging port, but it's impossible because my phone stays only in my pocket or in my hands so... And it' s showing me this for 3 days and today too. What can I do? Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userTESI5JgrU2

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting done on this thread HERE?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry, by mistake I said it's solved but I wanted to say that a Q tip doesn't fit in the charging port.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same issue with my note 8... it is very frustrating ... I cannot get it to go away and have tried all the tips.
Asteroid

Moisture Warning won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hope this works for everyone!  After months and months of trying everything possible to get rid of the moisture warning i stumbled quite by accident on this that so far really works for me.

1.  You plug in your S9 and immediately get the moisture warning.  This no only stops you from charging but also will not allow you to connect to anything else via USB cable, bluetooth, etc.

2.   Un plug your cable (you will usually have to pust the OK button to stop the plectron from beeping and clear the screen).

3.  Place a phone call to your landline or someone else.

4.  When the phone call connects, plug in your cable.  Then hang up.

5.  You should be in normal charge and communication mode.

6.  The warning will return, but just repeat the process.  Its better than buying new phone.

RayzorM

Comet

Re: Moisture Warning won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION
could be helpful to a lot of people. thanks for sharing
Constellation

Moisture detected again and agian

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is getting ridiculous i went through warranty a month ago for this issue, no water damage. NOW AGAIN I AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM! WHY DID I PAY THIS MONEY FOR THIS TO KEEP HAPPENING! and don't tell me to do this or that I have it all. I will be getting a new phone and it will not be a Samsung ill tell you that. This is a horrible issue to keep having.

Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected again and agian

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same issue non stop with my samsung s8 active I stopped it by going into settings... Applications... Then up in the right corner hit the 3 dots...then tap show system apps. I don't remember what the app is called but I. force closed it and took away its privileges. No more problems
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected again and agian

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is unaccaptable.. Samsung told me to mail my phone to their service center. However, because the phone had a scratch they claimed that physical damage voids the warranty and in order to even diagnose the problem they have to charge a standard repair fee + cost  to fix the scratch at 280$!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I just need the moisture error to go away!!!!And I'm not willing to pay SAMSUNG 280 dollars just so the can even diagnose the issue.

If you have this error i hope you dont have any scratches, otherwise they will charge you a lot of money to even diagnose the issue. This is a common error, and completely unacceptable customer service! Dont buy SAMSUNG again!