JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 12/17/20 4:42 AM)
Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

1,290 Replies
userzsazWsC7Ph
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine wasn't a water problem. it is a sensor/ software problem. I had issues with trying to convince the techs that I had not dropped it in water. finally got one that knew what to do. been a bit so I don't remember what the solution was. sorry couldn't be more help. good luck
0 Likes
uservWBoafPkxq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same problem. The error won't go away for months. I have been using wireless charger. 

Went to Samsung service center in Singapore and they wanted to charge me S$453 !!!!

What's going on Samsung? I am very sure water did not go into my phone. If it would have gone in, it could have been dried up!!!!!

If you are not going to fix it, I will never use Samsung again and I am going to tell all my friends how bad Samsung is. 

Too bad, I can't sue you. 

0 Likes
austinbricker23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ya my s8+ had the problem and now my Note 10+ . i was even more careful to never get this phone wet at all. but once again moisture detected in port warning has been on for months.
im not getting another Samsung phone because apparently the issue is i live in a high humidity area so i cant use a charger?
Goodbye Samsung it was a good time.
0 Likes
userPnfy83LfBj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Samsung S7 Does Not Want To Charge It Keeps On Saying

Moisture Has Been Detected. Unplug The Charger and Wait Until Both the charger and USB Port Are Dry.

Its Was Doing This Thing Since Monday Morning

0 Likes
Jasper10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
you can shake your phone
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here are some suggestions to help. If the message continues, service would be necessary. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergvPKKPIdxR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have a S20+, maybe 3 months old. Some hydrogen and oxygen molecules must have joined together in the same room as my phone and now I'm stuck with the dreaded "moisture detected" and can't charge my useless phone. Why is Samsung persisting with this feature?!?! I've tried all the recommended fixes and won't be taking it to get repaired - that's idiocy for a new phone. Time for a refund, I'm sick of it already.

Only4Galaxy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
you can try to get a compressed air and spray into the charging port. if that doesn't fix then it might be internal of the phone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sure you mean canned compresses air, not the moisture-laden kind at your tire shop.
0 Likes
Only4Galaxy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
yes
0 Likes