JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 4:44 PM)
Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

1,290 Replies
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here? Capture 40.PNG

If these troubleshooting steps did not work, please call 1 800-Samsung (726-7864) or go to a Samsung walk-in service center (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location)

View solution in context

0 Likes
AndrewBateyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

SAMSUNG, FIX THE GLITCH IN YOUR MOISTURE DETECTION...PLEASE!!!!!!!!

It's really annoying!!!!!!

VonVicious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the exact same problem since ui one 2.5 update. But not only that my S10 won't charge past 20% or at all. Im getting really mad
AndrewBateyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's really an inconvenience, hope they can sort it out.

0 Likes
Longcat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have got exactly same issue with my Note 10+
AndrewBateyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hope it's something in the software they can sort out ASAP:pensive_face:

Longcat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is an ashame for Sam Fans. Now i could not charge or connect my phone to pc. Lucky that the wireless charge function is still but very slow!
Samsung, please sort out this issue asap!
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Try giving this troubleshooting link here a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms after trying the link above, I recommend a service repair. You can send a private message providing the full model code and IMEI so I can further assist. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

AndrewBateyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Will do, thanks a lot!

0 Likes
userq3xZwcYXq0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

**FYI - the phone hasn't been near water, it hasn't gotten wet, i don't take it in the bathroom or the kitchen etc and neither has the charger**

I went to charge my phone and suddenly the error message came up saying moisture detected in port, i have tried to clean it with a cotton bud, tissue, tried blowing on it, lightly shaking it, putting a cool fan on it. Anything I try the message doesn't go away. Its now been on for 5 days straight, i can't charge my phone normally and have to use a wireless charger (which I don't like as they aren't that great)  it's not the charger as I have tried it in another phone and works fine, this is the official charger also. I have tried different charger but it won't let me due to the constant moisture message.

I dont understand what is wrong with it.

I have tried clearing the USB data in settings as told by samsung and checked it in safe mode, checked for updates and as a desperate attempt I have tried to factory reset but still shows this message as soon as the phone starts up again.

I dont know what to do at all! I take very good care of my phone and it doesn't even have a single scratch on it. Why is this happening?