JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 9:03 AM)
Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

1,290 Replies
CalderCay
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There are times when there is high humidity, this can happen
0 Likes
userXsQ0mpk2jJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

My S9+ charges fine with no problems as long as I put it on charge before it runs out of battery.

If the phone gets to 0% and turns itself off it becomes a nightmare.  I get a moisture detected error no matter what I do when trying to charge it again. 

This can't possibly be an actual moisture problem because

a. the phone is not wet

b. it literally happens every single time the phone runs out of battery and I try to charge it

c. It never happens if I put the phone on charge before the battery runs out

Is there a fix for this bug?! It's driving me crazy!

0 Likes
userXsQ0mpk2jJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This answer is about as useful as a chocolate teapot :face_with_tears_of_joy:

Obviously I do whatever I can to try to not to let the battery run out. Not great to have a bug that makes it a nightmare to charge the thing again if it happens though. 

0 Likes
useraQd6585VZg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was sceptical of this myself, though it worked for me on S20 ultra (oneUi 3) can't verify for other devices . Turn off the phone and plug it in to a generic slow charge brick. The phone should then display it at 0% but quickly shoot up to whatever percent your actually on. Then turn the phone on and low and behold it worked. https://youtu.be/SH7jIyyU9pQ tip from this YouTube video (step 3)

Edit: as soon as you've done this you can plug your fast charger back in 

Here is how to Remove Samsungs Moisture Detected Warning in your charging port that won't go away even when there is no moisture and preventing you from char...
0 Likes
userllbD0OlVlT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Check my reply, linked below.  I have the same problem and this procedure fixes it every time.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Moisture-detected-in-charging-port/m-p/1651922#M...

0 Likes
userllbD0OlVlT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have this problem every time my phone is updated.  It is 100% a software bug from Samsung as my phone is never near water or high humidity when it happens.  The steps below are the ONLY way I've found to solve it, but it works every time.  If you've gone through this thread and are still having problems, TRY THIS!

1. Make sure charger is unplugged from phone, but still plugged into the wall.

2. Press and hold Bixby+Power+Vol Down to enter maintenence boot mode. 

3. Release all three when the screen goes black.

4. When menu appears, select boot normally by pressing and HOLDING the Bixby button.  Phone will boot.  Continue holding Bixby.

5. When you see the Samsung logo (Samsung only, not Samsung Galaxy with Android), plug in the charger.  Continue holding Bixby button.

6. After boot is complete, it may still show the moisture detected warning.  Click OK.

7. Release Bixby button

The warning should go away and your phone should be good until the next time Samsung decides to send an update.

userU3c92IFcuM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks but no luck for me.

So I traveled to Brazil for a month in  December.

On the 2nd day I was there I started getting the moisture detected warning on my S10e. The phone had no contact with water or steam. The problem remained for the whole month!

Granted, the climate is humid where I was but surely that shouldn't prevent me from charging my phone?? Lots of people use Galaxy phones there and they don't have an issue.

I tried everything - cleaned the phone port, dried it, boot the phone on safe mode, charge it when the phone was off, clean the cache and so on. Some of those things would work once but not a second time. Eventually I ran out of options to charge my phone and my only solution was buying a wireless charger - something that I didn't need and that I didn't want to buy in Brazil (they are highly taxed). 

Once I was back to the US dry Winter my phone started charging again.

I think it's great that your phone can tell you if it thinks there's moisture and suggest you shouldn't charge in that case.

However, if you have tried everything and you know for a fact that there's NO MOISTURE you should be given the option to just charge your phone - something so basic!!

I no longer trust this phone. Will I have a problem again just because I'm traveling somewhere humid? 

0 Likes
Members_3CQBt3U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me !!!!  Amazing! Thank you! 
That was crazy.. started out of nowhere and this crazy combination of actions worked.

You're the best astronaut ever.

0 Likes
userQEfMCKqu7o
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I spilt milk.... in my phone....  urm... I'm scared to do all that so.... urm... yea.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes