cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used a similar method of cleaning the gunk of the the port of my phone by using a small paintbrush and rubbing alcohol to sweep the inside of my port. I then used a hairdryer to dry out the port. I took me a few goes, it helps to cup your hand around the port area as you blow dry to direct the air into the port and really dry it out. Finally I restart and it started charging again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NO OTHER WAY TO REMOVE THIS.
(it's a software issue that samsung have to do something about now before they loose all their client/s like me)

this is the only way I found to get rid of this:

1st. Unplug usb cable.

2nd. Restart your phone.

When you want to charge your device you must:

1st. Connect the "CABLE only" to phone. (make sure your usb cable is not connected to the Charger Head.
2nd. Connect the the usb cable to the Charger Head.

failed to this will surely make that annoying error appear again.
goodluck.
p.s A8+ is my phone by the way. but have the same annoying issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have S8 ACTIVE for almost 7 months with no problems  The one that is supposed to be able to get wet and keep on going. Why the heck would I get this notice when I haven't been around any moisture  Had a push through update yesterday and now this?  What a quick way to get me to leave Samsung again . FIX THIS  

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I constantly have this message. There has been no exposure to the mositure at all. I think this is a huge glitch! Anyways, the way I get it to charge is this- restart the phone. Once it goes black plug the phone into a charger. When it starts up you should be able to leave it plugged in and charge. You will have to do this every time you unplug the phone. So far this has helped me. Once it is unplugged the mositure notice will still show up.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone has this problem follow this trick. "connect the charger half to the charging port." that is it. works fine to me..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Is this a bug?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had this same problem for a few days last month and was scratching my head trying to figure out why it was happening. I saw the solutions for clearing the cache and powering off the phone and thought worked and then a day later it returned. Then I noticed something that I was doing that was causing the problem. When I was using my phone for a period of time I noticed that as I was holding the phone one of my fingers was resting along the bottom of the phone and was blocking the phone charging port. This would trigger the moisture fault message. After this I became more conscious of where my hands were when holding the phone. The problem went away for 2 weeks until a few minutes ago when the moisture message came on and I looked and saw my finger blockibg the port. I moved my hand and after 5 minutes the message went away.
Highlighted
Constellation

Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, I'm getting tired of these antics. I've had an S3, S4, S6 and S8+ and out of 4 phones the newest two go bust after a year or so. I have the moisture Detected error and DEPEND on my phone for work. I've tried shaking it, I blew it out with a can of electronics air duster, deleted the USBsettings data and none of those have worked. This phone has never been in contact with moisture and I am not in a particularly humid climate. My phone got an update about 2 days ago and now this is popping up. I used to swear on the reliability of samsung devices. And at this point I am about to change companies for not only my phone purchases but write the company off of all my technology purchases. Now, I'm not unreasonable, is there an actual fix for this?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your post. This issue has accepted solutions available in threads covering this topic. We recommend taking a look at them. Let us know what works for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SAMSUNG MAE - none of the solutions mentioned in this thread represent a permanent fix to what is clearly a software clitch.  What would be an acceptable solution is for Samsung to recall and replace all phone showing this fault which is frustrating so many previously loyal customers and it is damaging the Samsung brand reputation.