cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5EKXBkkTAA
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userMynMrqvPwj... I just tore a piece of the cottom from my regular sized Q-tip and made a fine little piece that could fit into the charging port.  Also I didn't have any rubbing alcohol, so I used one of those alchol towelette's that you can find in any First-Aid kit. I took one end of the towelette and cleaned inside of my charging port. Phone works fine now.

user5EKXBkkTAA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear 

userJyX8PVfPSR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was getting the moisture message for 2 days. I could not charge via USB. The wireless charging option worked. I did the alcohol and Q tip with not instant results. Later in the day I put my S7 on a steel plate in the sun. Cooked in heat with  for about 20 minutes....turning now and again.  When I went inside , I waited 10 min. The plugged it in... it was popping up msg for a split second... then would charge some... then stop. After a few more attempts... I charged steadily.. but slowly.

It is now working fine. Thank you for the tips.

Dsve

userYoFjfKLxBa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is about a month old and yesterday I recieved the moisture detected note. IT NEVER GOT WET. However, I tried to put it in the rice,charge it while off, clean the port with a q-tip, blow the port with hair dryer, charge it on computer, restart the phone, clean the USB storage and the restart it. I even hard restarted it. My battery is now completely dead and it's still not charging. Help people!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user2zNq1in7pM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
IT'S PROVED! IT IS A SOFTWARE ERROR!
- My phone (Galaxy A3 2017) has been in direct contact with water many times on pools and etc and (obviously) that notification "Moisture Detected" shown up, but after the port was dry it would simply disappear. But 1 week ago I updated my phone to the last Android 8 Oreo and one day I woke up, disconnected the charger and that notification appeared! I thought it was probably a normal thing so I just waited for it to disappear, bit since then it never disappeared! So I tried to dry the USB type C port, clean it with alcohol, drying it with the hairdryer and NOTHING!

!! - Thats when I tried to put some water on the port just to see what would happen, and guess what... The notification showed up again! The notification ringtone sounded again! Even though the notification was already there! Which means that the notification was just a BUG, and when I really puted some water on the port it sounded again, because this time it really was with moisture!
!!! --> Concluding, THIS IS A BUG CAUSED BY THE MOST RECENT FIRMWARE UPDATE AND IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO SOLVE BY DOING A FACTORY RESET OR BY INSTALLING THE UPDATE AGAIN WITH ODIN.

- If this clarified you please let me know! Good Luck!
user2zNq1in7pM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE! FIX FOUND!

Follow the following steps carefully:

1- Make sure your port is dry;

2- Turn off completely your phone;

3- Plug-in the charger until the charging icon appears;

4- Turn on your phone (try to not touch or move the cable);

5- Let your phone charge for about 30min;

6- Disconnect the charger (the moisture notification should not pop-up again)

---------- If that doesn't works ----------

7- Repeat the process 1, 2, 3 and 4;

8- Quickly disconnect and connect the charger (the notification shouldn't pop-up in the middle of the process)

9- Let the phone charge for about 15min;

10- Disconnect the charger (the notification shouldn't pop-up again anymore).

---------- If none of that works ----------

2 options:

1- Backup all your data and Factory Reset your phone;

2- Reset the settings: (Settings -> General Management -> Reset -> Reset Settings).

userl0TPoDjrhG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the moisture in charging port issue for about 2 months. I by chance forgot to place my phone on the wireless charger one night and it discharged all the way to nothing I then charged it up on a wireless charger and once it turned back on my moisture in port message was gone and I could use a cable to charge my phone again. Fast charging still doesn't work with a cable for my phone but what worked for me may work for you.

1. Discharge your phone completely 

2. While phone is dead place on wireless charger

3. Do not remove until fully charged

4. Check cable to see if cable will charge phone.

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userl0TPoDjrhG: Thank you for sharing. 

userPhLSM370CF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! What worked for me after reading this post, I took some thin toilet paper and twisted it up not so much that it frays but still pretty tight. Then, just clean the port out. It cleaned the port right up! Hope this helps anyone Smiley Happy