Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ok so I did that and now it on a screen that say don't turn off target
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That didn't work,... after all the posts about this issue how can SAMSUNG possibly say the issue is SOLVED?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly! This is ongoing, not resolved. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung pushed a 50+ MB update over the last 2 days. I delayed updating as my phone HAS BEEN WORKING CORRECTLY for the last week or so. I updated this morning and 1 HOUR LATER the Moisture in USB port error is BACK!!! Seriously Samsung! #Help

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really irritating. It has been going on for several days now. There is no moisture in the port! Please fix this BUG.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys I tried everything online including reseting the phone to factory defauls. As with many of you there was no moisture/water and I was convinced by the by posts aboit moisture from air being guilty. Which is bs because i literally used this phone for running and working out and it had no problems(call me crazy but salty sweat would kill it faster that regular non conductive h20).

Even though my phone was using a cover i just used a regular tooth pick and out of desparation tried picking at all corners in the charging port(carefully). I noticed i actually managed to pick a TINY really TINY amount of lint and guess what? The problem went away immediately. Didn't even power it down during the procedure. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fixed - it seems it was a software issue. I installed the latest patch, 30th July 2018 and problem solved.

That was after trying leaving in rice overnight, hairdryer, vacuum cleaner, cotton wool and alcohol, switching off fast charge, clearing the cache . . . All of the suggestions listed on this thread, none of which worked. 

Maddeningly I did have to go out and purchase a wireless charger at great cost because the battery had dropped below 20% and wouldn't install the updates.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Muja Moisture Detected Problem ay raha ha.Lakin abi tak solve ni howa is ko solve karna ka kaya Soulation ha.

Please muja is ka bara ma koi Idea da.

Mohsin Ehsan

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all troubleshooting steps on this thread has been performed, I would recommend going to the nearest U break I fix in your area or send me a private message Here and I can look into further options. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just replced my month old S9 under warrenty due to a "Moisture detected in charging port" issue that could not be solved by anyone.  I have put tape over the charging port of the new phone while the phone is not being charged because I live in a humid area. 

When is Samsung going to update the system software that triggers this message????