Nebula

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great glad to hear that worked.  

userfgtxRusJL6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys.. clean also the 3.5 mm jack. that solved mine.

user7SBOfYgBpo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was my issue... Thanks!

Moisture in the 3.5mm...qtip and all good now 

Tweet1981
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has done moisture in port10 days after I bought-no water exposed!!!!! It's supposed to be water resistant and literally getting no water on or in it and there's problems!@!@  Very disappointed with this phone!!!! I don't spend $800 To have a junk phone in literally days. I'm bringing mine back!!!!

user5L2IuZ5UVp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not humid. No freaking water. I'd this a virus, no more Samsung. This is bull**bleep**.

usersWENYDWyoJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do what the post said. Make sure the phone is off when using a dry q-tip. Than turn it on 10 seconds after cleaning all open areas of the phone Trust me it works
useroVOFtlM96T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is what the instructions provided by Samsung support: "wiping the system cache" is what fixed it for me. The moisture sensor in some Galaxy S8 or S8+ may be oversensitive. Some corrosion or even dirt may be detected as moisture. If this is the case, you can use clean wipes, or tissue, to clean the port. It is better to power off Galaxy S8 and S8+ to do the cleaning work. The second possible cause of the Galaxy S8 moisture problem is the software/data caching. In this case, you can try to clear USB settings data. To clear USB settings data to solve moisture problem in Galaxy S8 and S8+, you may follow these steps. 1: Go to Galaxy S8 applications manager You can access Galaxy S8 applications manager in Settings —Apps. By default, USB settings, like other system apps, are hidden in the app list. To show system apps,, in Galaxy S8 applications manager page, tap the menu key (3 vertical dots) to access the menu . 2: Choose to show system apps Tap Show systems apps. This would make all apps including system apps visible. 3: Find USB settings app The apps are listed alphabetically. You can easily find USB settings as shown below. Tap USB settings to open the App info page for this app. 4: Clear cache and clear data for USB settings Tap Storage. You need to tap clear cache. Then tap clear data. You will get a warning message after tapping clear data . Tap Delete to proceed. 5: Reboot the phone. Now, you can try to reboot Galaxy S8 or S8+. Then, try to charge the phone through USB port again. If these steps don't solve the problem, try wiping the system cache it allows the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Below are the instructions for doing it: Wipe the cache partition on the Galaxy S8 Power off the phone. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options). Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.” Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userhwq7RDdMLP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My device decided to stop charging last night after I was working out on the treadmill listening to music with my phone in front of me. I was sweating so my phone got wet. I have had it sitting out all night and it wont charge. I guess I a moving to Apple as this is unacceptable. My phone should be able to handle that moisture based on the advertisements. The tricks in this thread have not fixed it. Poor manufactuering. Feels like they were cheap on part to save money from the Note 7 debacle. 

BravoAlpha
Constellation

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've taken my S8 into my pool and recently into the ocean off Baja California. All I did was rinse it with clean water, dried it and shook the water out of the ports. After an hour of air drying no more error message. You guys seems to have defective phones bcuz mine has been in pool and salt water and running water from my sink faucet and don't have these problems.
usersV8GNhQJsX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fantastic idea.

Worked perfectly. But it's still an annoying screw up by Samsung. 

Thanks for the fix my friend. 

Sort Yourselfs out Samsung.