cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userms65geRLCa
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the accepted solution doesn't work for any readers I have another one that worked for me. I tried restarting the phone, putting it in non humid areas for a couple hours, using a cotton swab to clean the charging port, and putting the phone in rice. The solution that worked for me was powering off the phone and then charging it while its powered off. I hope this helps someone out.

userms65geRLCa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the accepted solution doesn't work for any readers I have another one that worked for me. I tried restarting the phone, putting it in non humid areas for a couple hours, using a cotton swab to clean the charging port, and putting the phone in rice. The solution that worked for me was powering off the phone and then charging it while its powered off. I hope this helps someone out.

userpgq0hSWZs6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this message shows when you are sure there is no water in usb port

Just put your device in safe mode 

Then plug the charger 

If it's worked..then go to settings-app-usb settings  and clear cash it..

Done

userOceYOPRQpG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone didn't get wet.  It hasn't rained around here in weeks, nor is it humid.  Problem is, I think, is the phone is almost paid for.   I just use the wireless charger exclusively now.  Problem solved. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been trying to figure out the solution for a couple of weeks.  First contacted Samsung, they of course knew nothing about this issue.  They recommended I take it to my AT&T store and have them look at it.  Thats all they did, was look at it.  I ended up taking it to Phone Doctors earlier this week.  I spoke with the tech earlier today.  He said there is not water damage on the inside of the phone.  They ordered a new port and put it in, but it is still delivering the same message.  He is at a loss now as well and trying to consult with others and do research.  I am reading some recommendations about changing the settings.  However, the phone has been dead for two weeks so am unable to even get it turned on to adjust the settings.  When its charging and I hit the start and volume button, it will power on but then immediately dies.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code?

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your phone.  Please provide us with you complete model code.  I have also provided some troubleshooting links below that has steps for your issues.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is SM-G955U.  Also as far as the links you sent, none of them are helpful.  I took the phone to a repair shop where they had multiple chargers as well and none of them were working.  Wireless charge does not work either.  The phone has been dead for weeks and cant do the reboot because it cant gather a charge enough to do anything.  The charging port has been replaced already; it continues not to charge or do anything except say moisture is detected. The phone technician said it did not appear to have any moisture anywhere in it.  It sounds like a software issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your IMEI via private message?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you asking for the IMIE for warranty purposes or something else?  If it is for warranty, I have already been told there is not one because I purchased it new on Ebay and Ebay is not a valid reseller.