Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code?

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your phone.  Please provide us with you complete model code.  I have also provided some troubleshooting links below that has steps for your issues.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is SM-G955U.  Also as far as the links you sent, none of them are helpful.  I took the phone to a repair shop where they had multiple chargers as well and none of them were working.  Wireless charge does not work either.  The phone has been dead for weeks and cant do the reboot because it cant gather a charge enough to do anything.  The charging port has been replaced already; it continues not to charge or do anything except say moisture is detected. The phone technician said it did not appear to have any moisture anywhere in it.  It sounds like a software issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your IMEI via private message?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you asking for the IMIE for warranty purposes or something else?  If it is for warranty, I have already been told there is not one because I purchased it new on Ebay and Ebay is not a valid reseller. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@iamonislandtime: We do ask for the IMEI number to determine warranty status. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung has already told me no warranty because i purchased on Ebay. How much would it cost to send in to have it looked at?
user2USSPSkw2h
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday i saw a video in youtube on how to fix this. While the phone starts to open, then you connet the charger. I try it and it work! Other thing i notice today is that when i wss in my bedroom with the AC on, after a while the moisture notification was gone, later after being outside my room for maybe half hour, the notification came back.

userEev13XxWsn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's dirt, not moisture.  After trying all of the recommended drying and cleaning methods I finally used a needle to dig around in the port hole.  There was a build up of dirt/lint in the back.  After digging it out with the needle, phone charged no problem.

userz4JApuz1nx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with my phone. I let samsung know this and then they charged me nearly $100 for repair. After fixing the phone, the service center broke my phone screen. So, I complained this issue. They keep saying it is my fault. What a poor customer service is!