cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersVDFwmAN32
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had this same problem for a few days last month and was scratching my head trying to figure out why it was happening. I saw the solutions for clearing the cache and powering off the phone and thought worked and then a day later it returned. Then I noticed something that I was doing that was causing the problem. When I was using my phone for a period of time I noticed that as I was holding the phone one of my fingers was resting along the bottom of the phone and was blocking the phone charging port. This would trigger the moisture fault message. After this I became more conscious of where my hands were when holding the phone. The problem went away for 2 weeks until a few minutes ago when the moisture message came on and I looked and saw my finger blockibg the port. I moved my hand and after 5 minutes the message went away.
userC7TqByUhWZ
Constellation

Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, I'm getting tired of these antics. I've had an S3, S4, S6 and S8+ and out of 4 phones the newest two go bust after a year or so. I have the moisture Detected error and DEPEND on my phone for work. I've tried shaking it, I blew it out with a can of electronics air duster, deleted the USBsettings data and none of those have worked. This phone has never been in contact with moisture and I am not in a particularly humid climate. My phone got an update about 2 days ago and now this is popping up. I used to swear on the reliability of samsung devices. And at this point I am about to change companies for not only my phone purchases but write the company off of all my technology purchases. Now, I'm not unreasonable, is there an actual fix for this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your post. This issue has accepted solutions available in threads covering this topic. We recommend taking a look at them. Let us know what works for you!

userVPfXZZuxZA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SAMSUNG MAE - none of the solutions mentioned in this thread represent a permanent fix to what is clearly a software clitch.  What would be an acceptable solution is for Samsung to recall and replace all phone showing this fault which is frustrating so many previously loyal customers and it is damaging the Samsung brand reputation.

userztgquIfESL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Thank you for your post. This issue has accepted solutions available in threads covering this topic. We recommend taking a look at them. Let us know what works for you!

None of the "solutions" provided work on my phone. The only way I can charge is to turn off the phone at night. It will charge but within 60-90 minutes of powering on the error comes back. This is completely unacceptable! My wife works overnight in a hospital and if she needs to get ahold of me my phone needs to be turned on!! Please advise.

Model SM-G892A

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend getting a service technician to look into this for you.

userjlQo0cGkpl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have s9 and seems to get this message after each update. Restarting the phone worked back in June 2018 when it first happened,  but nothing seems to be working now after I updated this morning. The phone has been nowhere near water and it is not humid in my area. I need a real solution. 

user9YyywsOPsS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so disappointed in Samsung. My phone is an S8 and the moisture message popped up a couple of months ago. Went to the Sprint phone store, they cleaned the port, it worked for about a week, then the message came back. Started using a wireless charger. Called Samsung multiple times, to no avail.  They will not honor the warranty because they say this is not a defect. It is a defect, if the phone is advertised as you can drop it in water (which I never did), then moisture should not be an issue. It is clear that they don't want to deal with this defect, after all what happened with the Note 7 and how much money they lost on that debacle.

The phone screen went completely black last week, and although it turns on and will wirelessly charge, what good is that? So now I went to the NYC store with the phone, again I am told this is my fault (nicely), and they say the mother board on the phone fried. Again, the phone is less than a year old. This is not my fault and I want the phone fixed or replaced.  So the NYC store is sending it to Samsung, I am going to hope that somehow the store will convince somebody at Samsung to honor the warranty. If not, I am done with this company. 

Samsloyaltyover
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree they are no longer on the pedestal I used to place them on. 1st time in 8 years (however long the inception of the Notes) that I've ever unconsciously had a thought about my loyalty to Samsung.

I'm so disappointed Samsung.

For sometime Samsung you've made my heart hurt. 

My son told me he was getting that message and I told him I had it one time a month ago and thought just maybe my brother's vehicle was causing condensation from the air being so cold.

We were on a family emergency trip out of state and no where was my device near moisture and I immediately told myself it's a fluke.

I am confident now.  

Shame on you Samsung, as do you know how many unsavvy, in a rush/on the go, unsuspecting customers of yours that you have let be cheated by this?

I know $900 plus is no sweat for you but us over here think a lot of what we do to earn $900 and I, myself, do not take it lightly to start putting out $900 on an annual basis.

Not happening at my house.

You, Samsung, know you have a problem or are you trying to recover lost funds from your unfortunate events these past few years, just saying, some have to wonder. 

I do hope you try to be a good corporate citizen over this. I want that love of your product back so badly. 

I think you've began to sour a large part of your Galaxy fan base for failure to be transparent and accept responsibility. 

We showed our loyalty and you took advantage. Samsung, please be humble and get this resolved.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are getting the error message, follow the steps listed here. If these steps do not help, then service repairs would be recommended. You are welcome to send us a private message with the below information for more details on the repair process: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post