cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this doesn't solve the problem, if there is any moisture, but still this message appears. It is a software error and Samsung should solve the problem with an update. I would like to know how to switch off this "security" 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been an avid user of Samsung phones for over 10 years, even through the exploding Note fiasco. This moisture problem has been plaguing me for 4 weeks now. Believe me when I say I've tried every "fix" you can find in the first couple hundred search results. I even went as far as to reset the phone. Take my advice, don't reset your device. It "fixed" the problem for all of about 14 hours. Phone was never wet and it isn't wet now. Samsung is well aware of the issue and is completely ignoring it. I'll take a non-waterproof phone that may work after getting wet over this waterproof piece of trash that is essentially useless when never once exposed to a drop of water. Maybe the iPhone fanboys were right after all. Love, one less future customer.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried everything: deleting cache, clearing USB app cache, cleaning the port with alcohol and q tips, drying it with a heateer, etc. I finally reset the device and eerased it. No luck! Suddenly, after a week of qacting up, it stopped on its own.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It didn't work! My phone wasn't even near any source of water. Just on the counter in a dry area as it has always been then bam, my phone is dead and it wouldn't charge because of some phantom moisture issue.

I had to go buy a wireless charger after someone on YouTube suggested it to get some juice. now I have to go everywhere with that wireless charger.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing helped .. Tried EVERYTHING 

Time to say goodbye Samsung after almost 15 years 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone a Galaxy s7 active and my wife’s Galaxy S8 Plus and my sons Galaxy S8 Plus have all stopped charging complaining about moisture in the charge port. 

There is no way all 3 of our phones have started doing this all around relatively time. If we fight with the charger and keep unplugging it and plugging it in it will eventually start charging but it takes us 10 to 15 minutes messing with it every time we want to charge our phone. I really need a solution to this as I cannot purchase 3 more phones at the same time.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I contacted support their answer is to drive 40 miles and take it to the store. The stores responce was call phonr support.
I am going to make sure everyone I know will never by samsung again. Total bs
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue has been going on for me for nearly 2 weeks. I have tried all the trouble shooting steps and am very confident that i have not exposed the phone to direct water. I wish to get this issue repaired as soon as possible as my phone is only a few months old

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, carrier information?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moisture detection on phone is playing up some times it will not charge other times it will. It has been 3 days or so now and not had anywhere near moisture, well not that I know of. Also have noticed the blue light filter seems to turn itself on and off randomly. O and the phone is just over a month old.