cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwKgzJs7ney
Asteroid

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

However....that USB charge only setting doesn't persist through a reboot. 

I think this is a bug with MTP .

userQoPrbqFEGR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is not a solution. I've done this a dozen times to my S8+ (which has never even gotten wet, mind you). I've owned a samsung for nearly 10 years and this issue might be my breaking point :/
usergvs8NVBlgp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The power off/on while charger pligged in doesn't work anymore after tne latest sw update.  It just keeps rebooting UNTIL i take the plug out.  Dangit.  I can only wireless charge so much......

userAcGIdMcTJe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help me plz

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there userAcGIdMcTJe, please see the current accepted solution for steps on what to do. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userk4x6KGuJnq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in the Caribbean where humidity is 100% most of the time and this "moister detected" problem haunts my Samsung phones and tablets several times daily. None of my Samsung devices have been exposed to water.  I believe this is a software/sensor glitch that Samsung ought to address because it is affecting so many customers. 

SOLUTION ONE - temporary workaround

---------------------------------------------

Until I figured out the permanent workaround to the problem, my temporary workaround was to power the device down and then charge. While the device is powered down, the moisture sensor function is not active and hence the charging function has not been disabled.  Not the ideal workaround because obviously you miss important SMS messages and calls while your device is powered down for charge time. 

SOLUTION TWO - permanent workaround

---------------------------------------------

After trial and error, I deduced that the permanent workaround is to disable "fast cable charging" in settings:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Then go to: Device Maintenance
  3. Then click: Battery
  4. Then click the three vertical dots on top right and select "Advanced settings"
  5. Then toggle the "Fast cable charging" option to the off/disabled position. 

Obviously, this disables fast charging capability and it takes longer to charge the device, but at least I do not miss important calls and texts as the side effect of the temporary workaround mentioned above.  Not an ideal solution, but this workaround allows me to bypass Samsung's inability to address real world problems on a daily basis. 

Maybe what makes sense if for Samsung to provide a sliding bar setting so the user can adjust the sensitivity level when the moisture bug strikes, empowering the user to address the problem in high humidity climates. That makes sense to me.

We pay premium prices for Samsung hardware. Our expectations are not premium.  We simply expect normal functionality, without being hampered by design flaws.  We should not be forced into cumbersome annoyances because Samsung can not get their software development teams to work together to deliver. I am certain this issue must be affecting millions of customers worldwide who live in high humidity climates as I do.  And Samsung's inability to provide solutions in a timely manner is unacceptable, and reflects very poorly on Samsung.  I mean... really Samsung - call a service center or q-tip? Sure that is what people who dropped their phones in a puddle needs to do, but that is not what millions of people are TELLING you is what is happening. 

And, by the way, NONE of my LG or Moto devices have this problem.  

I hope the two options above helps everyone experiencing the same issue.

I also hope that someone with authority within Samsung reads this message and considers addressing what is obviously ineffective teamwork within Samgung's development verticals. 

usermoWMaekSta
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is madness. I am experiencing the same issue that MILLIONS of customers are having and they don't offer a reasonable solution. My A5 2017 is NOT wet whatsoever. I've never dropped it in the sink or something. These phones should work are a normal phone, come on. I CAN´T BELIEVE that Samsung thinks this is not a serious issue, which is affecting plenty of people. 

Bought an iphone 8 because I was upset about it and none charging issues due to moisture sensor so far. Same bedroom, same city. 

I've tried every single solution possible!!!!  and now my phone is forgotten in my bottom drawer. Once a month I turn it on to see if they launch a firmware and if the warning stills there. SAMSUNG NEVER AGAIN

userpMVuISqE8Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great post, someone from Samsung should pay you for this post. I have tried everything with the daunting moisture. I was one of those that had the moisture detection that had never experienced anything wet as I kept the phone covered and safe from the elements. So this was the only option that has worked for me. Why in gods name has Samsung not come up with some software upgrade to resolve this issue?

Nice post!!

Highlighted
Josephritter
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What type of Q-tip are you using? Even if I completely remove all the cotton from it, the stick is too big.

userN0IVCevZLd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not solve my issue but actually made it worse. I was in a humid location nothing was spilled on the phone or anything. I attempted the rubbing alcohol and it worked temporarily. I am now having a USB error that keeps popping up and turning my screen on in addition to the moisture error. What can I Do? I've only had my phone a little over a week