cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The funniest part is the mobile that is made water proof couldnt take my sweat :-).. After seeing so many people complaining on this forum, Samsung should seriously start working on making usb port caps.

None of these solutions from other posts worked on my 6 month old S9. Have been switching off and on to charge my mobile since last 3 days. Am sending it for service.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so dumb that makes me want to go to apple because this such an easy fix which is to idk not make it phone breaking. Jesus christ how bout we have the option to turn it off. If our phone gets destroyed it doesnt matter since we have to get this repaired or buy a new one. Oh yeah this is from an S9 good job. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "jump to solution" will not be a solution. This thread has not been resolved and the moisture issue keeps going on. I red all the post in this thread.

I have the moisture problem 2 months after buying my new Samsung S10 phone. My previous S8+ had exactly the same issue.

I have tried all the recommended solutions posted on the 37 pages of this thread. Nothing works. 

I'm amazed to see the dozens of fake posts that say the issue got fixed. They are sponsored or posted by Samsung. Samsung also ignores the issue and has been ignoring it for years. The reason is because they have planted this bug in the software as well as the hardware secretly. Go on buy a new wireless charger or a new phone. A water resistant phone should not have issues like this. Otherwise they sold  us a lie and Samsung should offer a full refund.

My phone has not been in or near water, no issues with humidity or any chance  of dirt getting into my port. It's a brand new phone. I'm going to use the warranty service to get a replacement, then sell it on the market and then by a more reliable brand and model.

Good luck trying to find any other solution. There is none. Giving your phone in for service or getting a replacement will only repeat the same issue.

Samsung, congrats on producing an expensive piece of junk this time around as well. Good luck  continuing ripping your customers off and damaging your brand reputation further. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the WORST PHONE I EVER OWNED! NEVER AGAIN WILL I GET A SAMSUNG OR A $1000 PHONE. my cheap lg lasted years even after dropping in coffee twice this from 2 months of owning it have had issues the defective blurry camera , this moisture detected alarm came on in the middle of the night WHILE CHARGING IT DID NOT GET WET, then the screen cracked even though I never dropped it and it's in a case so how my warranty is no good! Now this last week my charger wouldnt charge all the time so I waste money inn2 new chargers and again it didjt work Samsung said ti clear partition cache which seemed to fix it for a half a day then wouldmt charge again. The following day this was plugged into my car charger working fine inwent into a store left it under my shirt in the car on the seaT NOWHERE NEAR LIQUID! I CAME BACK TO THE CAR PLUGGED IT IN AND THIS MOISTURE ALARM CAME ON EVERY TIME I PLUGGED IN THE CHARGER! NOW W NO WARRANTY AND A CRack they want $280 to fix the screen and port. I dont have that kind of money I have always been extremely gentle with this also . These must be defective or something . Never will I buy a Samsung anything again!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to fix this problem by myself at home. So the problem was not the moisture in the air, the problem was caused by the dirt which was in the phone usb port. I just took small knife and I have inserted it gently into usb port, scrubbed for a short while and everything is back to normal. I am not seeing this annoing message for 2 months since i have cleaned the port.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I don't know if the moisture will go away. But you could...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if the moisture will go away. But you could always go with wireless charging

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings type in android systems in the search bar click  On the android systems Then click force stop.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this issue as well, after several days of shutting the phone off and turning it on and plugging it in before it was completely on to charge it; I accidently let my phone die.  I was unable to charge my phone at all.  The solution: Wireless Charger.  It works great with the wireless charge!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue (still having) and discovered something very interesting. FYI, I tried a factory reset, safe mode, and cleaning options and still did not work.

In the beginning, holding down the lock and volume-down keys buttons for a hard reset and then plugging in the charging cable (let's call it Solution 1.1)  worked in some cases.

Long story short:

Option 1: I was doing Solution 1.1 with a 5Volts/1Amps charger and it worked but no fast charging.

Option 2: I try again Solution 1.1 using the Samsung charger ("fast charging") of 5Volts/2amps and it did not work.

You probably will think it was damaged and/or wet but it was not. When I unplugged the cable while in Option 1 to try to plug it into the Samsung charger (for fast charging) the "Moisture detected" error/message appeared immediately.

For sure, this is a software issue and/or something related to the actual charger (not the USB cable).

I hope this works for you and everybody.

P.D. The 5V/1A charger used on Option 1 was a simple lamp with a USB connection. Those types of lamps you can get in almost any store. Probably it will work with any 5V/1A charger.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remember also to check the port in the cable for something inside that create bad conection.