cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriNNYs12icc
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I find it very odd that a phone that should be waterproof has this issue, whats even odder is that my boyfriend and I purchased our phones aprox 2 yrs ago at the same time, and guess what?...my phone started showing the moisture detection message, so I replaced my phone, because I could no longer charge it, what I find that is really really odd, my boyfriends phone started doing the same thing a few weeks later, it makes me wonder if a bug has been planted??  This is a serious, and the phones should be RECALLED.   I will never buy a samsung again!!  

usertnY739cCE0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem, even though I had no moisture in my Galaxy S9 phone, I rectified it by turning the phone off, and using the fine pointy end of a needle carefully scraped out all the lint that was packed down inside the charging port. Being careful not to damage the inside. When I turned back on it worked fine. It seems the lint was affecting the sensor.

userS4vIlScGnk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really surprised that Samsung isn't doing anything about this.  I was having this same issue.  I got in touch with Samsung since my phone was still under warranty and they directed me to UBREAKITIFIXIT who supports Samsung's warranty issues.  They had it back to me in a couple of hours and said it was a software issue.  About a week later I started getting the error again and today the phone (s9) has completely stopped charging.  Knowing that its a software issue, why doesn't Samsung publish the fix?  People depend on the cell phone for business and going without it even for a few hours can be disastrous.  Our company has had an internal battle on whether to go with Samsung or iPhones.  I've fought for the Samsungs but after dealing with this, I'm now leaning towards the iPhone.    Unfortunately, that means switching out over 500 phones.  It really is sad that a great product was allowed to deteriorate to this point.   

Ejm5560
Halo

Take it to a nearby Samsung repair center you can Google...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take it to a nearby Samsung repair center you can Google it or call Samsung and they will tell you which is your nearest. Also quick tip, never blow into any port that has taken water. Blowing will only push water towards the inside and you risk damaging more parts. Smiley Wink

userUcAh2NFRCn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The funniest part is the mobile that is made water proof couldnt take my sweat :-).. After seeing so many people complaining on this forum, Samsung should seriously start working on making usb port caps.

None of these solutions from other posts worked on my 6 month old S9. Have been switching off and on to charge my mobile since last 3 days. Am sending it for service.

userG8z7aSOCwE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so dumb that makes me want to go to apple because this such an easy fix which is to idk not make it phone breaking. Jesus christ how bout we have the option to turn it off. If our phone gets destroyed it doesnt matter since we have to get this repaired or buy a new one. Oh yeah this is from an S9 good job. 

userbcxxd9Jxtn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "jump to solution" will not be a solution. This thread has not been resolved and the moisture issue keeps going on. I red all the post in this thread.

I have the moisture problem 2 months after buying my new Samsung S10 phone. My previous S8+ had exactly the same issue.

I have tried all the recommended solutions posted on the 37 pages of this thread. Nothing works. 

I'm amazed to see the dozens of fake posts that say the issue got fixed. They are sponsored or posted by Samsung. Samsung also ignores the issue and has been ignoring it for years. The reason is because they have planted this bug in the software as well as the hardware secretly. Go on buy a new wireless charger or a new phone. A water resistant phone should not have issues like this. Otherwise they sold  us a lie and Samsung should offer a full refund.

My phone has not been in or near water, no issues with humidity or any chance  of dirt getting into my port. It's a brand new phone. I'm going to use the warranty service to get a replacement, then sell it on the market and then by a more reliable brand and model.

Good luck trying to find any other solution. There is none. Giving your phone in for service or getting a replacement will only repeat the same issue.

Samsung, congrats on producing an expensive piece of junk this time around as well. Good luck  continuing ripping your customers off and damaging your brand reputation further. 

useryJQlgJlbeY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the WORST PHONE I EVER OWNED! NEVER AGAIN WILL I GET A SAMSUNG OR A $1000 PHONE. my cheap lg lasted years even after dropping in coffee twice this from 2 months of owning it have had issues the defective blurry camera , this moisture detected alarm came on in the middle of the night WHILE CHARGING IT DID NOT GET WET, then the screen cracked even though I never dropped it and it's in a case so how my warranty is no good! Now this last week my charger wouldnt charge all the time so I waste money inn2 new chargers and again it didjt work Samsung said ti clear partition cache which seemed to fix it for a half a day then wouldmt charge again. The following day this was plugged into my car charger working fine inwent into a store left it under my shirt in the car on the seaT NOWHERE NEAR LIQUID! I CAME BACK TO THE CAR PLUGGED IT IN AND THIS MOISTURE ALARM CAME ON EVERY TIME I PLUGGED IN THE CHARGER! NOW W NO WARRANTY AND A CRack they want $280 to fix the screen and port. I dont have that kind of money I have always been extremely gentle with this also . These must be defective or something . Never will I buy a Samsung anything again!

usern17NndA8Cs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to fix this problem by myself at home. So the problem was not the moisture in the air, the problem was caused by the dirt which was in the phone usb port. I just took small knife and I have inserted it gently into usb port, scrubbed for a short while and everything is back to normal. I am not seeing this annoing message for 2 months since i have cleaned the port.

Highlighted
Qwertypie
Astronaut

I don't know if the moisture will go away. But you could...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if the moisture will go away. But you could always go with wireless charging