cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue (still having) and discovered something very interesting. FYI, I tried a factory reset, safe mode, and cleaning options and still did not work.

In the beginning, holding down the lock and volume-down keys buttons for a hard reset and then plugging in the charging cable (let's call it Solution 1.1)  worked in some cases.

Long story short:

Option 1: I was doing Solution 1.1 with a 5Volts/1Amps charger and it worked but no fast charging.

Option 2: I try again Solution 1.1 using the Samsung charger ("fast charging") of 5Volts/2amps and it did not work.

You probably will think it was damaged and/or wet but it was not. When I unplugged the cable while in Option 1 to try to plug it into the Samsung charger (for fast charging) the "Moisture detected" error/message appeared immediately.

For sure, this is a software issue and/or something related to the actual charger (not the USB cable).

I hope this works for you and everybody.

P.D. The 5V/1A charger used on Option 1 was a simple lamp with a USB connection. Those types of lamps you can get in almost any store. Probably it will work with any 5V/1A charger.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remember also to check the port in the cable for something inside that create bad conection.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Stick the Phone and Battery in a bowl of rice overnight but completely cover the phone with ice about 2 in. deep

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The rice will absorb out of the phone

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Helpful post for us

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have S9 and i have this phone around 1 year but today i got a problem.The phone charging normaly when is on but when i power off the phone when i pluged in it vibrates and showing a drop of water and a yellow triangle and dosent charge.Can I fix this

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userL9Ei4As44O,

Thanks for reaching out.

I will gladly look into this for you.

Can you send a private message providing the full model code and IMEI so I can look into your warranty status? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my dad had the same problem with his note 8, we bought a new samsung branded charger, and its worked just fine. and this was over a year

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moisture warning in S or A phones using a C or B connector.

If you are adamant your phone has not come into contact with moisture it is probably dirt on the charging contacts. These ports are really small but this is what I used.

100 x 2mm cable tie

2mm strip of kitchen towel

superglue

isopropol alcohol

Carefully glue the towel strip to both sides of the fine pointy end of the cable tie,

let it dry. Dip it in the isopropyl, carefully clean the contacts in the port without disturbing the centre prong or leaving any paper in it. Let it dry before plugging in to charger.

I can't be responsible for stupidity or no skills. but it certainly works for me.