cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alicia302
Asteroid

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are getting the error message, follow the steps listed here. If these steps do not help, then service repairs would be recommended. You are welcome to send us a private message with the below information for more details on the repair process: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

376 REPLIES 376
Honored Contributor

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you live in a very humid area? Sometimes residual moisture can build up, and if the damage has already been done, that's why the message hasn't gone away. You can try powering the device down, giving a nice wipe inside with a Q-tip just to see if it removes anything, then take some rubbing alcohol and dip the Q-tip in it and try another rubbing. It could end up cleaning up some build up on those contact points. Let it dry after you do that, turn the phone back on and let me know if it starts charging.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Alicia302
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this fix. 

It seems to have worked. I have not gotten the "moisture detected" message since.

Thanks again!!!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really happy to hear that! Every once and awhile just make sure to do that, this way you're always keeping that port clean...it'll help in the long run.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userT0H6b9cwSE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. This solved it. Also, the Safe Mode trick works but you cannot transfer files.  After cleaning the port with alcohol the problem went away. The S8+ plus is charging and I can use USB Debugging again.  Thank you. 

usergwTKi7FIPv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so um I have a Samsung S8 Active, and I cant even fit the Q tip in. I dont know what to do about this message. Also I know this might not be the place, but i have a laptop (Dell Xps 2-in-1) And it also has a Usb type C charging port, but i got some dirt in there and It womt charge and idk how to get the dirt out. Please help me! Thanks

userQpZfg9XRrE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could this be bypassed with wireless charging?

userlj1hSO1KsO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that and now  it wont charge at all....

usermzwBOkdTBC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I need help! Moisture detected keeps popping on my phone even though it is dry. I have never kept my s7 edge near to moisture. And yes, the weather too is not humid. Please help me
user2USSPSkw2h
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the new A8+, now in Malaysia we are in the monsoon season. I have started to get this notifications. I was able to solve it some days ago by just keeping the phone a couple minutes in the sun, but now is constantly reaning!!! So, i will be without phone until the monsoon stops because i'm not able to charge my phone? Are you kidding me? This is the most stupid thing that i have seen in my life!