JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 5/16/17 6:02 PM)
Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,290 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @Rosellaj24 

So, there are two ways you could go about solving this issue. One would be to locate a uBreakiFix store located near you and have them check it out. Or you could go ahead and perform a hard reset on your device, also be sure to backup your device before doing this. I would prefer using smart switch on your PC

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Rosellaj24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Like reset the whole phone?.im going to try that and there is a u break I fix.near me I will explore both thank you 

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes a master reset should fix it. If not it could be a hardware problem

Rosellaj24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried the master reset it is still there. 

:(

I'm going to go to.a u break i fix 

Do you think this would be covered by Samsung warranty?

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Most likely it is not. I would call uBreakiFix to confirm 

SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The year warranty that you receive does not cover water damage. If you have premium care then you would have to pay a deductible. I believe it is $99 for the deductible and it is about $13 monthly for the insurance

userHdHodXo0JQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i had the same problem only two months after getting my s20 ultra. I couldnt clear the error and pretty soon it just stopped charging all together. I got a warranty replacement that ive had for about a month and it started doing the same thing today.

userllbD0OlVlT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userDeJFtOhUyV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you're still having problems, or if any other S20 user has problems, charge it using a wireless charger, and then try updating the system software. Upon installing the latest system software, the S20 charged normally with the charging port.

0 Likes
TheTroyminator
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had the same problem. I used a wooden toothpick to clean out the charging port. A bunch of lint came out. After a few minutes, the notification went away. I wonder if the lint had something conductive in it that was making it think it was wet.
0 Likes