JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 5/16/17 6:02 PM)
Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,290 Replies
userR1AqbFg7At
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This happened on my wife's S10 about 6 months ago and we had to buy a wireless charger.  Fast forward to now and it's happened to my S20+.  The irony being that it's the only two times we've got our phones wet.  So a 100% fault rate on the IP68 rating!  Ironically we just tried to plug in my wife's phone for the first time in six months and it works again!  So how do I get mine working now rather than waiting six months?

The cleaning it option isn't working.  I used rubbing alcohol to really clean it and then clean water.  Still nothing.  I even did a full factory reset on the phone as I'm going to be selling it anyway and that didn't work.

0 Likes