cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing to do with moisture. My s8+ just stopped charging with Fast Charge adapters all together. Older 2A chargers do work (after unplugging and plugging in several times). Today tried to hook it up to PC and the moisture warning was showed for the first time. But it hasn't been working properly for two weeks now without this message.

920€ and half a year. Now I have to go to service, wait weeks, then get back a **bleep**ed up phone. Could have bought three phones of another manufacturer instead for that price. And even if those would work only for 6 months I would still get out 200% more usage time than from this garbage.

This is a ripoff Samsung. It's not wise to screw over cosutmers who are paying 900€ for a phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Squeeze the end of your charger with plyers so it compresses and fits tightly into your phone it will then work just did it to my phone 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem with my phone except that mine does charge but again it has not been in contact with water at all . But the message keeps popping up in my phone.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same problem. Took note 8 to Samsung store they. Shipped me a brand new phone then 3 days after new phone received the error is on new phone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm haveing the same problem with my charging port. How do i fix moisture in my charging port???

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used a similar method of cleaning the gunk of the the port of my phone by using a small paintbrush and rubbing alcohol to sweep the inside of my port. I then used a hairdryer to dry out the port. I took me a few goes, it helps to cup your hand around the port area as you blow dry to direct the air into the port and really dry it out. Finally I restart and it started charging again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NO OTHER WAY TO REMOVE THIS.
(it's a software issue that samsung have to do something about now before they loose all their client/s like me)

this is the only way I found to get rid of this:

1st. Unplug usb cable.

2nd. Restart your phone.

When you want to charge your device you must:

1st. Connect the "CABLE only" to phone. (make sure your usb cable is not connected to the Charger Head.
2nd. Connect the the usb cable to the Charger Head.

failed to this will surely make that annoying error appear again.
goodluck.
p.s A8+ is my phone by the way. but have the same annoying issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have S8 ACTIVE for almost 7 months with no problems  The one that is supposed to be able to get wet and keep on going. Why the heck would I get this notice when I haven't been around any moisture  Had a push through update yesterday and now this?  What a quick way to get me to leave Samsung again . FIX THIS  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I constantly have this message. There has been no exposure to the mositure at all. I think this is a huge glitch! Anyways, the way I get it to charge is this- restart the phone. Once it goes black plug the phone into a charger. When it starts up you should be able to leave it plugged in and charge. You will have to do this every time you unplug the phone. So far this has helped me. Once it is unplugged the mositure notice will still show up.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone has this problem follow this trick. "connect the charger half to the charging port." that is it. works fine to me..