cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected error.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moisture detection on phone is playing up some times it will not charge other times it will. It has been 3 days or so now and not had anywhere near moisture, well not that I know of. Also have noticed the blue light filter seems to turn itself on and off randomly. O and the phone is just over a month old.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a week of various troubleshooting measures, my message went away.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shaking the phone worked a charm for me Thank you!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't imagine i ignore my husband's suggestion. I didn't believe until i heard it frkm you directly. 

My son spilled liquid soap on my phone, and although it is water resistant i'm afraid to soak it in water to rinse, my husband told me to do so but i'm just so afraid!

That was also the reason why my fingerprint sensor is no longer working. Then this moisture issue. I didn't know what to do until i cane to this forum. That i need to wash my phone especially the charging port if it was soak by ang liquid other than water.

Thank you so much! This helped a lot!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: S9+

The issue appeared a few days ago, when my phone stopped to fast charge. I assumed that was due to the condensation because a few hours prior to encountering the problem, I had been outdoors in cold weather for a somewhat long time. After I tried a few different cables and two other samsung chargers, result was the same.  Then a moisture warning appeared, rendering cable charging completely impossible. Putting a phone in a sealed package with silica gel inside a heated box did not work.

Upon closer inspection of the port a piece of dirt was discovered deep iside of the port. Turning off the phone, and mechanically removing a piece with a thin steel needle yielded results. Fast charging functionality restored with both chargers and all three different cables.

Brief:  If the phone shows a moisture warning, and you do not recall any contact with liquids, it can be dust or lint shorting the port's pins and causing a false positive. Turn off the phone, inspect the port and attempt mechanical cleaning.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So 2 weeks ago this happened to my wifes s8 so i went and bought her a note9 for christmas, i figuered oh well. fast forward to today when my s7 active did the same thing, yes the very h20 resistant active which was no where near h20. I didnt ask my wife until today if she recently updated her phone and she told me she did just prior to the message. I updated my phone a few days ago and boom. 

The last time i had an issue was after an update, a nice pink line down my screen. 

SAMSUNG, what are you going to do to resolve the issue? i now have an s8 and an active 7 doing the same thing. Whats next, the note 9??? should I have purchased her a new iphone?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mindmural Thanks for reaching out. I would like to assist. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ive gone through all of the steps and solutions ive read in this thread. S7active still will not charge and as for the s8 ive already spent$900 to replace it.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0itRmlC4Rb can you send me a private message using this link here with the model number and the serial number?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually  i think its pretty crappy of samsung. Not knowing any better i replaced my wifes s8 with a note 9 at a cost of $900. So to ask me to spend any more money is an insult. I know and Samsung knows that the recent software download caused this. So my next step would be to contact an attorney and possibly go after samsung with a class action lawsuit.