This is most annoying feature I have ever seen in a phone. I live in the desert 45C 0% humidy and I just can't charge my phone. Jesus Christ, this is so stupid. They should fire engineers that come up with ideias like this.
None of the solutions have worked for me for the past couple years. And Samsung refuses to admit there is an issue. Today I think I finally beat the problem. After my wireless charger stopped charging the phone, I experimented and it has worked twice today.
1) Turn off your phone. (Mine is an s9+)
2) Plug in the charger. The phone starts charging while it is off.
3) Wait a few minutes and turn it back on with the charger attached.
4) My phone has not displayed the faulty "moisture" error until after the phone was fully charged and I removed it from the charger.
Good luck everyone. I love my phone but when this error comes up, it is a real struggle to not to trade it in on something else.
Use Android System Recovery Option to bypass Moisture detected at 0% charge.
When phone is at 0% and it shuts down, the moisture detected error doesn’t let the phone charge even if left plugged in for hours. The screen shows 0% always.
However, the phone charges if it can be turned on till home screen. So I tried a method and it worked for me:
1. Let the charger be plugged in the phone.
2. Press & hold these buttons together: power + volume up + Bixby
3. Android logo will be displayed. Installing system update will show.
4. Press the volume down key several times to enter android system recovery option screen.
5. When you arrive at recovery option screen, Leave it as it is for 10 to 15 minutes. The phone will charge to 5 to 10%.
6. Select "reboot system now" (use volume up/down button|) and press the power button.
The phone will restart and you will see the full screen and charge %.
From there on you can keep charging without the annoying message.
I have moisture detection error since last 9 days and i m a student i m no where close to moisture . I have a wireless charges but thats something i dont like to use . I request samsung to remove this feature or give us a option to disable it i mean its there since last 9 days what kind of moisture is that . I m just sick of these now .
I would be happy to look into your concerns with moisture in the charging port.
Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL
(15)Digit IMEI Number:
I am having the same issue. I took all of the recommend steps to see if an app was causing the issue to factory resetting my phone. All of this did not correct the issue but the icon and error would no longer appear. My phone won't charge via the charging port. I have left it into be repaired by qualified Samsung technicians who have told me that it has been moisture damaged. My phone was not exposed to any moisture and definitely did not breach the ip68 rating which is where I find my issue. I have to pay for the repair even though I have looked after the phone and somehow moisture has appeared inside the phone. My phone clearly does not meet the criteria for ip68 rating. I am having the charging port replaced today and will know more tomorrow. 05/Jul/2020