JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 5/16/17 6:02 PM)
Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 days and I'm still not able to charge through the port. I keep getting the message that there is moisture detected. I've done what was recommended here (blow into port, shake phone to see if water comes out). The phone has not been exposed to water. 

After reboot, the message won't come up, but won't charge. After first charge post-reboot, message will come up again. I've only had the phone less than 30 days. Will this moisture message ever go away?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,290 Replies
userQixZ9hlLW2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I literally have the same thing! It's been 2 days now I cant charge my phone so I had to buy wireless charger but I would like to know if it's an error or the charger port is broken? I've been to an independent repair shop where Ive been told its £60 to replace the charger port. Its only been 7 month since I got it, a bit annoying. 

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
userR1AqbFg7At
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

These instructions seem to be wrong because step 4 never occurs.  The Installing system update message doesn't appear.

0 Likes
userrsejmL09rD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

same issue . except a cheap charger caused my port to spark and after replacing the port the message still appears

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLQjfIfuf4y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Clearing the cache partition did not work either!
0 Likes
userwFSwufYmos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I solved the problem - buy another brand! Our company has many Samsung phones (S8, 9, 10), many of them give the moisture error message, sometime it will not go away. We are careful with the phones, ports are carefully cleaned by IT department, dried and checked with magnifier, we buy new Samsung brand USB cables and chargers, but still the issues remain. After much time wasted to find solutions (YouTube and forums are full of this issue, obviously it happens a lot) the phone may charge via USB again. With my own phone, immediately after a software update the problem is back. I like the phone, it is a pity we will need to get another brand, this is the last time we will try to fix it. Samsung is damaging their reputation, this issue has been happening for a long time to many users.

userllbD0OlVlT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try the procedure in my comment linked below.  It always solves it for me.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Moisture-detected-in-charging-port/m-p/1651922#M...

0 Likes
useraQd6585VZg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was sceptical of this myself, though it worked for me on S20 ultra (oneUi 3) can't verify for other devices . Turn off the phone and plug it in to a generic slow charge brick. The phone should then display it at 0% but quickly shoot up to whatever percent your actually on. Then turn the phone on and low and behold it worked. https://youtu.be/SH7jIyyU9pQ tip from this YouTube video (step 3)

Edit: as soon as you've done this you can plug your fast charger back in 

0 Likes
userUOhQJVUnhw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought note 10+ last year in September. 1 week ago started warning "moisture dedected on usb c port or charger" . I didnt drop my phone to water or never exposed with water. I called many times samsung n verizon. Samsung says warranty is over 2 months ago n gave technician number in Boston. Technician told me  they have met with this kind of cases in the past and it is unknown issue which is related to mother board. Woow! After 1 year and 2 months this problem.  My wife is using same iphone 5 years never had problem. I paid big money for this problematic phone.  In next week i will apply to Attorney General to open case against Samsung to demand full refund n compensation for my loss because i cannot work 1 week on delivery platforms. I will never buy samsung again and i will switch to iphone as soon as possible.