cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9cj4JskrvI
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Modifying the charger cannot be the cure as my phone is displaying the moisture detected warning when not plugged in, and when I do plug it in, every charger has the same issue.

userSZbHPoknKF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Within hours of an OS upgrade on my S9 I received this message for the first time. It's not humid here, the phone did not get wet. This is a software error. Is there any fix from Samsung?

userbOnwzriaSh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This issue is extremely frustrating. When I hold the phone in my hand and if I position one of my fingers on the charging port it detects minuscule moisture coming from my finger and gives me the message! This is insane! This is from a finger and not another body part that could produce "tangible moisture."
userb1UrkVVW7D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An IP (Ingress Protection) rating is an international standard that shows you the level of ingress protection of your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices have been certified to an IP68 rating.

Hows this apply then

userGapuTOz3t3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took cotton off q-tip, stuffed it in the port and message webt away

userg5mI484AdS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this did not work!!!!! read all the posts. time to switch to back motorola. this should not happen with a S7 active!!!!!! 

userUvYU7KkYNk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I try that and it works thanks for the tip!!! 

userb0Ipokj62o
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got warning message about moisture also. My phone is with me and never near water or moisture. I try to dry USB port with dryer, useless. The warning message still show.

I google and find one recommendation. Power off the phone, waiting for awhile. then press Vol Down + Power button. Press it for 10 second then release.

The faulted warning message is completely gone

Asterix81
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is very annoing. My phone hasnt touch water or moisture. Since oreo update my phone begun to warn me about humidity. I own a note 8. It drives me crazy. Is there any software solution? I dont want to sent my phone to a service because an open glass phone like this is a bad phone. It will never be the same if you open it up. There should be an option to kill this crapy option. This is stupid to have a phone thats ip68 but useless because of the usb. I dont have a wireless charger and i just bought an samsung dex. Fix the thing

userMynMrqvPwj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where does a person find a Q-tip tiny enough to fit up inside that tiny charging hole? that gap cannot be much more than 3/64ths of an inch thick, .119 cm.