Black Hole

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPhLSM370CF: Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

usera0qySRCGmK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done everything everyone has requested and mine still does it off and on and no it hasnt been wet more is it wet

userKk9WQ5JMhP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue it would go away and come back.

What worked for me is i sprayed air in the port, deleted cache and data for usb settings. Booted into recovery wiped cache. I tried everything else and after a few frustrating weeks this worked.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKk9WQ5JM... Thank you for sharing your solution! We appreciate your contribution. 

userI8QyfYujTp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this worked for me, settings> apps> three dots> show system apps> scroll down to "usbsettings"> clear cache, clear memory> allow about a minute for the notification to go away.

usermrqa4dEQ61
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have tried multiple solution presented on this board from you tube and other sources. None have worked for me. Only thing that has worked is plugging it in while turning it on, and I'd hardly call that a solution. It's pretty crappy I have to shut my $900 off and on just to charge it. Are there any other options short of doing a full factory reset or taking out an insurance claim on a phone just over a year old that functions great outside of this issue? Please advise. Thank you. - Josh
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend getting a service technician to look into this for you.

userbgvOJZMnyi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userxiUP9KLIv6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The alcohol swab method works for me to get the phone charged, but as the humidity continues to be unbearable where I live, the error comes back within a couple hours. I think the sensitivity is set too high on the moisture sensor. I understand the usefulness of the feature, but I am not getting my phone wet and going about my daily life and can't charge it. That's not acceptable. Please fix!

user5HGFBitVVp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if anyone is still having this problem I was able to use a different cable and it worked immediately. I noticed i had a small tear near the head of the micro usb cable that plugs into the phone. this part of the cable takes a lot of wear and tear and even if you can't see a tear there could be a problem on the inside preventing charging