JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Motion photos are viewing black

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 03:46 PM)
Crux666
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Begining from latest firmware update whenever i take a motion photos, and then click to view it, it turns completely black. I could screenshot it and the photos are okay, and even save the motion photo video, and thats okay too, but the entire photo is just pure black. How may i fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can understand the frustration of a feature being removed. However, we can not tell you when or if a feature will return back to a device. All we can do is recommend that you download the next update and maybe the feature that you are looking for will be available. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
pnwmadmo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is happening to me as well! Hoping there is an update that fixes this soon!
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having dark pictures when viewing through the Camera app. Having trouble with unresponsive apps? It may be time to give them a good spring cleaning. Don't worry, you don't have to uninstall the app or reset your phone. Instead, clear the app's cache or data. When you do this, any problematic files or bugs in the app will be deleted. You can also use your phone's Device Care features to limit background apps and help your battery last longer. Try these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

You can also try operating your device in Safe Mode, to see if a third-party application might be to blame. The guide for Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Finally, you can try clearing your device's cache partition. The steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
HAnne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is also happening to me except my screen goes all white
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, just following up on this. Are the troubleshooting steps above effective? Thank you in advance for your responses. 

0 Likes
suziehomemaker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I cant even get my motion photo
To work. The setting is gone so I can't even enable it
CeCe2003
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here. It has been gone for months and I want that feature back!
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can understand the frustration of a feature being removed. However, we can not tell you when or if a feature will return back to a device. All we can do is recommend that you download the next update and maybe the feature that you are looking for will be available. 

View solution in context